Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Popped in at our brand-new liquor store—a mere two blocks away—and picked up eight cans of my favourite afternoon-nap stout. It's gonna be nice come winter when I get a sudden urge for brandy and can zip over and be back in five minutes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Went to a vaccinated outdoor bottle share yesterday and drank a shit ton of old gueuze (09-15):

There's some mead in there which I'm starting to enjoy more, but still not actively seeking out.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:27pm
Went to a vaccinated outdoor bottle share yesterday and drank a shit ton of old gueuze (09-15):
imgur.com/9LB25H4.jpg

There's some mead in there which I'm starting to enjoy more, but still not actively seeking out.
god damn
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:47am
Popped in at our brand-new liquor store—a mere two blocks away—and picked up eight cans of my favourite afternoon-nap stout. It's gonna be nice come winter when I get a sudden urge for brandy and can zip over and be back in five minutes.
Very nice.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Seances and Sacrifices. The inlaws would be horrified.
Imperial Maple Stout Aged in Maple Bourbon Barrels 11.5%
Tay-fucking-stee. But a bit on the sweet side.
20210507_164817.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 May 2021, 4:52pm
20210507_164817.jpg
Is the maple noticeable? Generally, anything maple apart from maple syrup is kinda gross to me.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2021, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
07 May 2021, 4:52pm
20210507_164817.jpg
Is the maple noticeable? Generally, anything maple apart from maple syrup is kinda gross to me.
My experience is most stuff that says maple is log cabin or aunt jemima not the real shit. Here (unlike some places) we take our maple seriously.

The beer is undoubtedly on the sweet side but I really think it's been done right.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 May 2021, 5:33pm
we take our maple seriously
Translated into Latin—enim acerna gravissime noster accipere—and you have Vermont's state motto.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very smooth and not heavy at all. Quite a strong coffee taste to it, with a certain charcoal smokiness underneath.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 1:28pm
Very smooth and not heavy at all. Quite a strong coffee taste to it, with a certain charcoal smokiness underneath.
I want

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20210616_172311.jpg
Just got a free 4 pack from my neighbor. My feelings about IPAs are well known but I find it closer to a pale ale which coming from me is a compliment. Hard to believe (maybe not that hard) that the state has to give approval for couples from different races to marry but I guess its a part of long journey to accept/allow people to decide who they love.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

5 months of no drink and after 1 night out a few weeks back I'm back to opening up half the days of the week. It's less than before so I'm happy with that, 2 cans now though has my head spinning.

On the Zywiec, very drinkable and perfect for a warm evening, fuck knows why Carling is so popular here when there's about a thousand better lagers out there.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 6:11pm
5 months of no drink and after 1 night out a few weeks back I'm back to opening up half the days of the week. It's less than before so I'm happy with that, 2 cans now though has my head spinning.

On the Zywiec, very drinkable and perfect for a warm evening, fuck knows why Carling is so popular here when there's about a thousand better lagers out there.
5 months is good Tom. I don't think Ive gone 5 days in the past 3 years.

Hang in there brother.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

We don't do a lot right in this country, but our proper beer is so fucking good.
Attachments
20210814_215629.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 5:00pm
We don't do a lot right in this country, but our proper beer is so fucking good.
I legit like that as a marketing strategy: this country sucks—we all know it, right?—but we still make good beer.