Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 5:52pm
revbob wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 5:48pm
One of the craziest and unexpected drunks I ever had was after like 4 pints of a strong Belgian style. I was in San Antonio and had been up since like 3am traveling to get there. Suddenly I couldn't answer when the pretty lady hitting me up asking me hard questions like why was I in town and what did I do for work? It was a miracle I was able to figure out my way back to my hotel.
*snort* In my salad days, I didn't need booze to be tongue-tied around women!
I wasn't looking to pick anyone up so no harm no foul.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
One of the craziest and unexpected drunks I ever had was after like 4 pints of a strong Belgian style. I was in San Antonio and had been up since like 3am traveling to get there. Suddenly I couldn't answer when the pretty lady hitting me up asking me hard questions like why was I in town and what did I do for work? It was a miracle I was able to figure out my way back to my hotel.
I was. :disshame:
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 7:13pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ive only had women actively come on to me when I wasn't looking.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 8:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 7:13pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ive only had women actively come on to me when I wasn't looking.
Yeah, I'm the Washington Generals of initiating.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Went to Breck Brewery yesterday to meet some friends for lunch and ended up drinking for like 6 hours. Outside of like 2 late night hours when I woke up and felt like garbage I'm fairly impressed I didn't make myself actually sick or anything. I drank... a fair amount. Didn't log all my beers but had their nice christmas ale, peanut butter porter, and so forth.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 11:35am
Went to Breck Brewery yesterday to meet some friends for lunch and ended up drinking for like 6 hours. Outside of like 2 late night hours when I woke up and felt like garbage I'm fairly impressed I didn't make myself actually sick or anything. I drank... a fair amount. Didn't log all my beers but had their nice christmas ale, peanut butter porter, and so forth.
How was parenthood the next morning?

*edit* - Didn't mean to come across as judgy. My main trouble with having a "night off" is not having the next morning off.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 11:47am
I was a little curious how I'd be feeling, but I take the night shifts with the little guy anyways and I'm not sick so I'm just my normal amount of tired. Well, maybe a little more tired, but the good thing about getting wild at lunch is I was in bed and sound asleep by like 9 last night.

Addendum: Saw your edit, no worries, didn't take it as judgy.

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 11:50am
matedog wrote:
I was a little curious how I'd be feeling, but I take the night shifts with the little guy anyways and I'm not sick so I'm just my normal amount of tired. Well, maybe a little more tired, but the good thing about getting wild at lunch is I was in bed and sound asleep by like 9 last night.

Oh gotcha. I missed that it started at lunchtime. That certainly helps. I've tried parenting a baby/toddler with a hangover a few times and it's rough. Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 12:00pm
Flex wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 11:50am
matedog wrote:

Oh gotcha. I missed that it started at lunchtime. That certainly helps. I've tried parenting a baby/toddler with a hangover a few times and it's rough. Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.
I faced this once when my daughter was really young. My wife was headed out early in the morning, daughter was fast asleep and good for another hour or two which I desperately needed. All was fine until my wife slammed the door on the way out and woke the baby.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20211208_191615.jpg
Boozy and tasty.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I usually don't drink midweek but I had to meet Maggie's new coworker and her husband, so I had to loosen up a bit. It was an interesting experience only having enough to get buzzed instead of properly pissed. I haven't done that in a while.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 3:41pm
I usually don't drink midweek but I had to meet Maggie's new coworker and her husband, so I had to loosen up a bit. It was an interesting experience only having enough to get buzzed instead of properly pissed. I haven't done that in a while.
I'm reminded of the a line from the Beautiful South: "He was just a social drinker but social every night / He enjoyed a pint or two or three or four"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
I'm reminded of the a line from the Beautiful South: "He was just a social drinker but social every night / He enjoyed a pint or two or three or four"
That hits close to home.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 4:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
That hits close to home.
Aye. :twitch:

Flex

Post by Flex »

I mostly don't drink on schoolnights, thank god, or I'd be the living embodiment of that lyrics. Did have a couple beers last night after a stressful day though. I'd picked up a Sam Adams winter sampler pack due to the GRAND RETURN of Old Fezziwig. What usually happens with these winter packs is I drink all the seasonal beers and then there are a just 4 sam adams lagers that sit around forever. Genius that I am, last night I decided to start with the lagers so I'd just have pure happiness left. I'm a fuckin' thinkah.

Pex Lives!