Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Fox Farm Lager. Good for afternoons.
Attachments
8E7E61C7-8BCB-4C25-89E5-95808FA56795.jpeg
8E7E61C7-8BCB-4C25-89E5-95808FA56795.jpeg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 1378 times

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Brooklyn Black Ops Barrel Aged Stout. At $15 for 4-16oz, 11.x% abv. this is hard to beat. Fucking tasty, one of the best beers Ive ever had.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ok 3 of these might have been a bad idea

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 8:07pm
Brooklyn Black Ops Barrel Aged Stout. At $15 for 4-16oz, 11.x% abv. this is hard to beat. Fucking tasty, one of the best beers Ive ever had.
Also a hell of a deal considering it’s barrel aged. Had that once in 2013 but it’s not easy to come by around these parts.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 1:36am
revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 8:07pm
Also a hell of a deal considering it’s barrel aged. Had that once in 2013 but it’s not easy to come by around these parts.
I just happened on it by accident, Brooklyn Brewing has gotten a bit rare the past few years in these parts. I think 1-2 is probably a good limit to set for a Tuesday. My buddy was over watching the GA election results. He tried one and it was too much so I took his and 3 of those on top of whatever else I had is a bit much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 1:44am
My buddy was over watching the GA election results. He tried one and it was too much so I took his and 3 of those on top of whatever else I had is a bit much.
That's sweet that you're friends with little old ladies.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 3:00am
I hardly drink at all these days. Maybe four lagers a month on average? I found in weed what I spent a decade looking for in drink.
I hardly smoke weed at all these days. Maybe one puff a month on average? In the last year and a half, I’ve found in wine and beer what I spent the last 3 and a half decades looking for in weed (smoking a half ounce a month). I’d been almost alcohol-free for 2 decades. No shit. We should hang out. I’ll bring the weed, you bring the beer. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 9:37am
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 3:00am
I hardly drink at all these days. Maybe four lagers a month on average? I found in weed what I spent a decade looking for in drink.
I hardly smoke weed at all these days. Maybe one puff a month on average? In the last year and a half, I’ve found in wine and beer what I spent the last 3 and a half decades looking for in weed (smoking a half ounce a month). I’d been almost alcohol-free for 2 decades. No shit. We should hang out. I’ll bring the weed, you bring the beer. :mrgreen:
It's a plan, stan.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Kory wrote:
15 Oct 2022, 3:10pm

Weed is good for late night viewing of UK procedurals and as a hangover cure, but it has to be a really high CBD/low THC ratio for me or I get too anxious. I start dwelling on my life's problems and they seem insurmountable.
I was a fairly entrenched heavy weed smoker, 3-5 fat bowls a day, a half ounce a month, for over 30 years. But at one point, about a year and a half ago, I started taking tiny bb-sized half-hits (instead of huffing down a bowl) and then waiting 10 minutes or so before smoking another tiny hit. I found I was happier with one puff than with 2 puffs. I quickly dropped from 3-5 bowls to 3-5 puffs a day. Probably dropped my blood-THC level by 95%. Within a month, a single tiny hit made me anxious and paranoid. Before I knew it, I had gone a week without smoking, without missing it. Then I went a month without missing it. I never "quit", which implies some effort, I just stopped. But around the same time, I started picking up bottles of wine or 6-packs of beer instead and I’ve hardly smoked weed since. Maybe I just needed a change of pace. Either way, if I mix weed and alcohol, it's a fine line and I just risk ruining the whole thing and needing to sleep it off. I’m happy with my 2-3 drinks every couple evenings (or 8-10 on special occasions). Maybe some day I’ll switch back. I will say, the drinks put on weight like the weed never did.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 10:29am
I will say, the drinks put on weight like the weed never did.
I get the munchies like crazy when I smoke, so it's very hard for me to tell which is the bigger offender for weight gain. I try to keep the snacks in the "healthier" forager side (nuts and fruit rather than chips and ice cream or whatever). However, I'm trying to cut down to one binge drinking session per week to get my beach body ready, so I'll probably find out then.

The anxiety is really a shame though, I recall when I first started smoking it was so fun, and I'd get into laughing fits and so on, but the longer I smoked heavily, the less fun it was. Probably doesn't help that my age was dovetailing with increased responsibility and more evidence of my body's natural decay.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Picked this up...
20221211_205426.jpg
Its good but almost milkshake like. You ever have a can of starbucks doubleshot vanilla flavor coffee. This is like the beer version.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 8:58pm
Picked this up...

20221211_205426.jpg

Its good but almost milkshake like. You ever have a can of starbucks doubleshot vanilla flavor coffee. This is like the beer version.
Hoy wrote:Go on...
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 9:00pm
revbob wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 8:58pm
Picked this up...

20221211_205426.jpg

Hoy wrote:Go on...
Seriously similar to this

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Screenshot_20230102_230042.jpg

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston's favourite version of Black Diamond.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230103-113048_Facebook.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?