Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 2:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 1:01pm
Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 12:36pm
Flex wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 8:58pm
revbob wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 5:48pm

I think he's trying to slim down a bit
Then switch to hard liquor
Wine works for this too.
Wine has a lot of sugar in it. It's not refined, of course, but wine ain't lo cal.
Wayyy less than beer though. The beers that I drink, anyway.
Best apples to apples comparison I could come up with in five minutes on lunch break at work:
Pinot noir (approx. 10%abv) - 750mL bottle = (120 cal/5oz)*(25oz/1bottle 750mL) = 600 calories/750mL
Beer (10% abv) - (300cal/12oz)*(25.5oz/1 bottle(750L) = 637 calories/750mL

Caveat that pinots are generally 12-14%abv, not 10%, but I couldn't find a better source than this: https://www.calorieking.com/us/en/foods ... 2MrWkaaHZQ

Beer calorie/abv source: https://thegirlandherbeer.com/calories-in-beer/

Keep in mind that if the pinot is closer to 13% and is 120 calories, then that makes it way less caloric/alcohol than beer.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

its more that it seems kinda insane to have an alcohol free ipa as a weight loss drink. it depends on the drink obviously, and some are genuinely low calorie, but just from random googling they can also be closer to 90-100 calories, which depending on what it's replacing could be a wash in terms of calories at all!

If you want to drink something to lose weight, just drink water or black coffee or whatever.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 3:08pm
Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 2:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 1:01pm
Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 12:36pm
Flex wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 8:58pm

Then switch to hard liquor
Wine works for this too.
Wine has a lot of sugar in it. It's not refined, of course, but wine ain't lo cal.
Wayyy less than beer though. The beers that I drink, anyway.
Best apples to apples comparison I could come up with in five minutes on lunch break at work:
Pinot noir (approx. 10%abv) - 750mL bottle = (120 cal/5oz)*(25oz/1bottle 750mL) = 600 calories/750mL
Beer (10% abv) - (300cal/12oz)*(25.5oz/1 bottle(750L) = 637 calories/750mL

Caveat that pinots are generally 12-14%abv, not 10%, but I couldn't find a better source than this: https://www.calorieking.com/us/en/foods ... 2MrWkaaHZQ

Beer calorie/abv source: https://thegirlandherbeer.com/calories-in-beer/

Keep in mind that if the pinot is closer to 13% and is 120 calories, then that makes it way less caloric/alcohol than beer.
Well, look at Professor Math von Algebra over here!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 3:24pm
he should run a baseball team
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 3:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 3:24pm
he should run a baseball team
"Mom, I got a job but I need the basement!"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20210915_213939.jpg
Probably could have gone in the VT thread too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 9:44pm
20210915_213939.jpg

I've had a bourbon craving for a bit—it's autumn impending, I think—but very wary of maple infusion.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 6:14am
revbob wrote:
20210915_213939.jpg

I've had a bourbon craving for a bit—it's autumn impending, I think—but very wary of maple infusion.
Its tastefully done, a hint and they use the real stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 7:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 6:14am
revbob wrote:
20210915_213939.jpg

Its tastefully done, a hint and they use the real stuff.
I don't care if it's from Quebec. :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Getting doused in Bulleit Rye as I prepare for a Zoom meeting with a potential singer. I have to steel myself to be able to say "I don't really have a direction, please help me."
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 10:11pm
Getting doused in Bulleit Rye as I prepare for a Zoom meeting with a potential singer. I have to steel myself to be able to say "I don't really have a direction, please help me."
How'd it go? Did you mention my name?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 6:25am
Kory wrote:
Oh man, it was Doc this and Doc that. She told me to stop mentioning you so we could get to work.

It was pretty good, I needn't have lubricated myself with alcohol, the whole thing went pretty fluidly. I'm sending her some tracks now to work on.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 6:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Oh man, it was Doc this and Doc that. She told me to stop mentioning you so we could get to work.

It was pretty good, I needn't have lubricated myself with alcohol, the whole thing went pretty fluidly. I'm sending her some tracks now to work on.
If I'm not closing doors, I'm, on occasion, opening them. Very happy for you that it went well and you might have found a new musical partner. :cool:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 6:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

If I'm not closing doors, I'm, on occasion, opening them. Very happy for you that it went well and you might have found a new musical partner. :cool:
Thanks! I also made a small playlist at her request to express where I'm at mood-wise for this project. It was hard to whittle down, I'll tell ya.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 6:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 6:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Thanks! I also made a small playlist at her request to express where I'm at mood-wise for this project. It was hard to whittle down, I'll tell ya.
So you went with the best of HesTom.