Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BitterTom »

Mmmmmm.
Attachments
20220104_195014.jpg

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 1:27am
drinking a heady topper to close out 2021 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Nice.

I got accidentally drunk on NYE. Got to host a small tasting with daughter's best friend's parents:
Russian River Beatification - side by side 2013 and 2020 vintages. This is an unfruited spontaneous fermented sour. Sorta lambic/gueuze basically. The 2013 was miles ahead of the 2020. Way more complex with some great green apple flavors and more sour than the more clean and bitter 2020.

Next tasting was a side by side 2021 Almanac bourbon barrel barleywine with 2018 Goose Island Bourbon County (bourbon barrel aged) wheatwine:

The barleywine was caramel and toast with some almost dark fruit flavors. The wheatwine was a caramel toffee bomb. Both opened up nicely as they warmed up with the wheatwine taking the edge due to its super smoothness.

But the wife offloaded her pours on me, so I got double pours of the 13% barleywine and 15% wheatwine. Top it off with some 8pm "midnight" sparkling wine and I got relatively wasted. 6:30am wakeup by the 4 year old was rough, but I was back to normal by mid morning.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 6:34pm
Flex wrote:
drinking a heady topper to close out 2021 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Nice.

I got accidentally drunk on NYE. Got to host a small tasting with daughter's best friend's parents:
I recall having a birthday party for my son when he was pretty young. We invited some of his buddies from the neighborhood and their parents naturally became they were all like 4 or something. Anyway I got some horrified looks when I offered beer to the other parents.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 7:39pm
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Nice.

I recall having a birthday party for my son when he was pretty young. We invited some of his buddies from the neighborhood and their parents naturally became they were all like 4 or something. Anyway I got some horrified looks when I offered beer to the other parents.
Sounds like some lame parents!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 7:43pm
revbob wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 7:39pm
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Nice.

Sounds like some lame parents!
Indeed, there were a few people who basically never really spoke with me much after.

When my daughter was in like 4th or 5th grade she was invited to a birthday party. The kids parente rented out a karaoke bar outside of their normal operating hours and the kids did karaoke. But the place reeked of cigarettes and cheap beer. The girl's parents sat at the smoking and drinking with their friends. As it was a girl's party mostly mothers were there and many again were horrified.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

My 2nd favourite rev ;)
Attachments
20220105_210332.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 5:05pm
My 2nd favourite rev ;)
LOL. I was confused at first as I was looking at the bottle and thought it might be some kind of Zima like beverage. Looks good in the pint glass.

We dont get a lot of clear glass beer bottles over here.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 5:40pm
BitterTom wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 5:05pm
My 2nd favourite rev ;)
LOL. I was confused at first as I was looking at the bottle and thought it might be some kind of Zima like beverage. Looks good in the pint glass.

We dont get a lot of clear glass beer bottles over here.
Proper bitter this one, bloody love it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20220105_183223.jpg
Picked this up on a whim, 10.99 for a 4 pack. Very smooth and creamy (nitro), any cherry flavor is very muted, definite chocolate notes, and a slight reddish hue. Dont notice the 7.7abv .

Left Hand has produced a lot of different stouts of late with some definite hits and misses. I'll call it a hit.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 7:56pm

Picked this up on a whim, 10.99 for a 4 pack. Very smooth and creamy (nitro), any cherry flavor is very muted, definite chocolate notes, and a slight reddish hue. Dont notice the 7.7abv .

Left Hand has produced a lot of different stouts of late with some definite hits and misses. I'll call it a hit.
I like these guys and cherry stout is right up my ally.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20220105_203803.jpg
Tonight's second offering. Not picking up on the maple syrup but a solid stout from a place that seems to mostly make IPAs.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

What a fucking good beer, strong, lots of bitterness, coffee, what more could you want?
Attachments
20220107_200205.jpg

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

The last of the Christmas goodies, nice one to finish on, really good beer. Glad I've got a few ready to go and a few days from work. Cheers all.
Attachments
20220109_202528.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 4:27pm
The last of the Christmas goodies, nice one to finish on, really good beer. Glad I've got a few ready to go and a few days from work. Cheers all.
Looking good.