Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by revbob »

weller259 wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 5:26pm
I have an agreement with the local authorities. I don't drink, and they don't throw me in jail.
I have not had any alcohol in over 6 years since I moved to Maine. The one place I've lived where one truly NEEDS alcohol to survive, where they sell hard liquor in the supermarkets and gas stations.

Marijuana is legal here though so there's that. Give them a text or call and they deliver it to you in an hour.
By far THE best reason to live here. :mrgreen:

Back when I did drink, I had no "cure" for hangovers. Cold showers and pepsi usually did the trick for me. That and a joint ... lol
That was my old roommates go to. I just get in a state where simply being awake is enough to induce vomiting so Im vary careful to stay under my known threshold.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

weller259 wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 5:26pm
I have an agreement with the local authorities. I don't drink, and they don't throw me in jail.
I have not had any alcohol in over 6 years since I moved to Maine. The one place I've lived where one truly NEEDS alcohol to survive, where they sell hard liquor in the supermarkets and gas stations.

Marijuana is legal here though so there's that. Give them a text or call and they deliver it to you in an hour.
By far THE best reason to live here. :mrgreen:

Back when I did drink, I had no "cure" for hangovers. Cold showers and pepsi usually did the trick for me. That and a joint ... lol
A nip of Allen's will set you straight.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I hardly drink at all these days. Maybe four lagers a month on average? I found in weed what I spent a decade looking for in drink.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 3:00am
I hardly drink at all these days. Maybe four lagers a month on average? I found in weed what I spent a decade looking for in drink.
Weed is good for late night viewing of UK procedurals and as a hangover cure, but it has to be a really high CBD/low THC ratio for me or I get too anxious. I start dwelling on my life's problems and they seem insurmountable.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

https://www.punknews.org/amp/78600/misf ... stmas-beer

Glenn and Co must worship at the altar of Gene.

That said since it is a stout if I see it I will try it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 6:03pm
https://www.punknews.org/amp/78600/misf ... stmas-beer

Glenn and Co must worship at the altar of Gene.

That said since it is a stout if I see it I will try it.
Stuff like this now brings to mind Brian Eno's observation about NTF's: "Now artists can become little capitalist assholes as well."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 1:16pm
Apropos to above: https://thehardtimes.net/culture/band-r ... ood-music/
Yeah play the old fan favorites at a handful of shows each year and market your legacy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is out. One of my favorite seasonal stouts. Its an imperial and ocks in at 10% ao roughly the equivalent of 2 regular beers. Its relatively cheap at $13/6pack. They raised the price a bit this year perhaps to cover the new fancy label costs.
20221117_204637.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So i can confirm that fewer imperial stouts can get you drunkish (Johnson (Anthony Anderson that's the title for your next show).

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 11:01pm
So i can confirm that fewer imperial stouts can get you drunkish (Johnson (Anthony Anderson that's the title for your next show).
Nice. We don’t get Brooklyn out here but I’ve had them a number of times and they are always solid.

Best bang for my buck is the Lagunitas Willetized bourbon barrel coffee stout. Scored a 4 pack at freaking Safeway for like $12. Sturdy 13%ABV too.
Attachments
9D78CFF7-E151-4A03-9B39-0194762542E3.jpeg
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 12:10am
revbob wrote:
Nice. We don’t get Brooklyn out here but I’ve had them a number of times and they are always solid.

Best bang for my buck is the Lagunitas Willetized bourbon barrel coffee stout. Scored a 4 pack at freaking Safeway for like $12. Sturdy 13%ABV too.
Those are always nice finds. Funny thing about Lagunitas is they only seem to distribute the IPAs around here.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 12:14am
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:

Those are always nice finds. Funny thing about Lagunitas is they only seem to distribute the IPAs around here.
Yeah IPAs are their biggest seller (like most breweries) and also the style you least want to travel and not have fresh of course.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

matedog wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 1:53am
revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 12:14am
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah IPAs are their biggest seller (like most breweries) and also the style you least want to travel and not have fresh of course.
Hello,

Lagunitas' Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale is good and usually pretty easy to find.