Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by BitterTom »

Mmmmmmmmm.
Attachments
20201010_212156.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss is making some kind of dessert for tonight that involves ice cream and bourbon. And she was wise enough to buy a 26 of bourbon, leaving plenty for me over the next few nights.

Also, Tom, that looks damned delicious.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:46pm
The Boss is making some kind of dessert for tonight that involves ice cream and bourbon. And she was wise enough to buy a 26 of bourbon, leaving plenty for me over the next few nights.

Booze and ice cream is a great mix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 4:46pm

Booze and ice cream is a great mix.
Based on what's happening in the kitchen, it also has flour, butter, pecans, and yelling at one of the cats.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

I always buy the Blond Leffe so thought it was time for a change. Tried this and it is now my favourite beer ever.
Attachments
20201011_211735.jpg

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 4:31pm
I always buy the Blond Leffe so thought it was time for a change. Tried this and it is now my favourite beer ever.
Belgian beers were my first love. Never was big into the harsh west coast IPAs that were all the rave when i fist got deep into beer in 2010, but traditional Belgian styles were and still are my favs.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 6:50pm
BitterTom wrote:
Belgian beers were my first love. Never was big into the harsh west coast IPAs that were all the rave when i fist got deep into beer in 2010, but traditional Belgian styles were and still are my favs.
I love essentially every Belgian style but White. I suspect it’s the coriander seed, which doesn’t taste like cilantro to me, but nevertheless doesn’t taste right to me in beer.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 6:55pm
matedog wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I love essentially every Belgian style but White. I suspect it’s the coriander seed, which doesn’t taste like cilantro to me, but nevertheless doesn’t taste right to me in beer.
Same, and that one looks great Tom.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 6:55pm
matedog wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I’m not huge into Flanders/reds since they can get vinegary, but I also love the funkiest/cheesiest lambics so who knows.

You and I have similar aversions to cilantro but the coriander doesn’t bother me and usually dig a wit/white, particularly on a hot day.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Red wine, very nice as well. Doc, did you mention you made your own wine? How difficult is the process?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 5:05pm
Red wine, very nice as well. Doc, did you mention you made your own wine? How difficult is the process?
Stupid easy. I mean, do I come off as an especially adept person? That said, the biggest challenge is work space and start-up costs. The only real skill involved is diligent sterilization of your equipment at every stage. And if you filter at the end—I don't; red wine is better, imo, with plenty of tannins—that can be messy. But once all the supplies and bottles are taken care of, I can make wine for about $1.50 a bottle (buying my wine kits from Costco also chops the cost a lot). And, honestly, if you can let your wine sit for about four or five months, the quality is really good.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
Try this one if you're ever in Asda, my current favourite red...
bodacious-smooth-red-wine.jpg
bodacious-smooth-red-wine.jpg (31.05 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 5:57pm
BitterTom wrote:

Attachments
resizer.jpeg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 5:34pm
BitterTom wrote:
Stupid easy. I mean, do I come off as an especially adept person? That said, the biggest challenge is work space and start-up costs. The only real skill involved is diligent sterilization of your equipment at every stage. And if you filter at the end—I don't; red wine is better, imo, with plenty of tannins—that can be messy. But once all the supplies and bottles are taken care of, I can make wine for about $1.50 a bottle (buying my wine kits from Costco also chops the cost a lot). And, honestly, if you can let your wine sit for about four or five months, the quality is really good.
Need to convert the shed. In all seriousness, I am very interested to start making wine, hope you don't mind me bothering you with questions if I make a start on the winery.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 5:57pm
BitterTom wrote:

Will get a bottle next time I'm in there 👍