Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread O'Booze REVISED!

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:26am
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 6:21am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 10:32pm
revbob wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 9:32pm
Id be in favor of anything that could improve the taste of gin.
If it ain't brown, I turn it down.

I like:
Old Rum
Whiskey
With the exception of a hot buttered rum on a cold winter's evening—which practically makes a blizzard feel worthwhile—I've never quite gotten to like the flavour of rum. There's something too overpowering in the taste.
I've really taken to rum over the past few years. It seemingly mixes with everything, though I prefer white rum to dark rum.
That's actually part of my disinterest in rum. I don't drink much pop anymore, so when I drink liquor I take it neat. Which I haven't cottoned to in the case of rum.
Yeah, straight rum can be rough. I only drink it when I can mix it with something. Guess I wasn't meant to be a pirate.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mount Gay, soda water, and a lime is my drink of summer.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:51am
Mount Gay, soda water, and a lime is my drink of summer.

Don't make the immature joke, don't make the immature joke … fuck it:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:26am
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 6:21am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 10:32pm

If it ain't brown, I turn it down.

I like:
Old Rum
Whiskey
With the exception of a hot buttered rum on a cold winter's evening—which practically makes a blizzard feel worthwhile—I've never quite gotten to like the flavour of rum. There's something too overpowering in the taste.
I've really taken to rum over the past few years. It seemingly mixes with everything, though I prefer white rum to dark rum.
That's actually part of my disinterest in rum. I don't drink much pop anymore, so when I drink liquor I take it neat. Which I haven't cottoned to in the case of rum.
Yeah, straight rum can be rough. I only drink it when I can mix it with something. Guess I wasn't meant to be a pirate.
Try a brand of rum called Zaya. It's real damn smooth, though it is a dark rum. But I hate rum, and even I like this one.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:24pm
Try a brand of rum called Zaya. It's real damn smooth, though it is a dark rum. But I hate rum, and even I like this one.
I just looked it up. $75 for a 26 here. Eeep. At the same time, it must be good. But I could never justify spending that much.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:44pm
Kory wrote:
I just looked it up. $75 for a 26 here. Eeep. At the same time, it must be good. But I could never justify spending that much.
I see it for $12. Is $12 USD = to $76 CAD now?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 12:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I see it for $12. Is $12 USD = to $76 CAD now?
I looked it up on the LCBO site (Ontario's govt liquor store): https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... msoac%253D

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Do you want me to send you some? Can alcohol be send via post?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but it's okay. Given that you can only buy liquor in government-operated stores, I'm pretty sure you can't ship it privately thru the mail.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:31am
All this talk about liquor reminds me of a story of a former friend whose alcoholism was reaching its critical depths. His wife was a teacher while he was a house husband and wrote (he's a pretty talented fiction writer). He was putting away a 26 of rye a day, plus a lot of beer at this point, but behaviourally masked it very well. But not the smell. One night, when getting into bed, his wife said, "Ugh, you smell like a brewery." "Distillery," he corrected. "I was drinking whisky."
I've had this in reverse. "You smell like liquor ". No it's beer.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 3:20pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but it's okay. Given that you can only buy liquor in government-operated stores, I'm pretty sure you can't ship it privately thru the mail.
Well then come to Seattle and I'll buy you rum all night.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 4:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Coinkadinkalink, the Boss just came back from a trip out West. A friend of hers who doesn't drink was given a mickey of coconut-flavoured light rum, which she figured she'd pass on to me (because I have no standards?). So I just opened it up. My god, it might be sweeter than that horrible mead experience a couple weeks ago. Smells like suntan lotion and tastes like sugar water.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 4:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 10:31am
All this talk about liquor reminds me of a story of a former friend whose alcoholism was reaching its critical depths. His wife was a teacher while he was a house husband and wrote (he's a pretty talented fiction writer). He was putting away a 26 of rye a day, plus a lot of beer at this point, but behaviourally masked it very well. But not the smell. One night, when getting into bed, his wife said, "Ugh, you smell like a brewery." "Distillery," he corrected. "I was drinking whisky."
I've had this in reverse. "You smell like liquor ". No it's beer.
:lol:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 5:04pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Coinkadinkalink, the Boss just came back from a trip out West. A friend of hers who doesn't drink was given a mickey of coconut-flavoured light rum, which she figured she'd pass on to me (because I have no standards?). So I just opened it up. My god, it might be sweeter than that horrible mead experience a couple weeks ago. Smells like suntan lotion and tastes like sugar water.
The great thing about crap liquor is that you stop caring about the taste after a couple drinks. Just imagine yourself on a tropical beach. I'll make you a Jimmy Buffett playlist.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 5:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 5:04pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

The great thing about crap liquor is that you stop caring about the taste after a couple drinks. Just imagine yourself on a tropical beach. I'll make you a Jimmy Buffett playlist.
I'm pouring it down the drain!