IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Kory »

Update: I did my stairs in the heat anyway. I had planned to just do 3/4 of it and then come back for some planks, but something about the relaxation of knowing I didn't have to do my usual routine pushed me to just do it anyway. It was rough though, I hope this is a short summer in terms of stifling heat.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 3:47pm
Update: I did my stairs in the heat anyway. I had planned to just do 3/4 of it and then come back for some planks, but something about the relaxation of knowing I didn't have to do my usual routine pushed me to just do it anyway. It was rough though, I hope this is a short summer in terms of stifling heat.
I've had a lot of bike rides like that. I'm feeling run down, mentally not up for it but figure, whatever, just grind out that kilometres. And then I end up with a really good time. No pressure, maybe?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 4:46pm
Also pr'd again today by 4 seconds: 28:55 vs. 28:59. What was cool was I was behind halfway through but ran a stupid fast third mile to make up:
1. 10:02 (today) vs 9:55
2. 7:15 (today) vs 7:10
3. 6:33 (today) vs 6:46
4. 6:48 (today) vs 6:51

Not my favorite way to pace, but it worked out in the end.
Looks like I haven't updated in awhile, but I've improved on my time again a couple weeks ago to 28:24 (there was one more or PRs between that and the one I have above):
1. 9:32 (recent PR prace) vs 10:02 (old pr pace)
2. 7:12 vs 7:15
3. 6:36 vs 6:33
4. 6:35 vs 6:48

I've been running at around 8am or 9am when doing these timed runs. Family went on a trip last Friday so I did my most recent run rolling out of bed at 6am and my time dropped from 28:24 to 29:09. Every roll out of bed run I do is noticeably slower and this was pretty solid proof. I'm guessing it's because my blood pressure is slow right when I get out of bed, but it's definitely noticeable when I'm in the run too. Way less strength.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:14pm
Kory wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 3:47pm
I've had a lot of bike rides like that. I'm feeling run down, mentally not up for it but figure, whatever, just grind out that kilometres. And then I end up with a really good time. No pressure, maybe?
I thought '"well I'm already out here and I have the energy, so I might as well finish. Plus I'll be glad I did at the end."
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

new jorb has gotten me totally crashed out of all physical activity for the last week and a half. Probably will be that way the rest of the week, but hoping things get settled enough that I can start grabbing runs before or after work or w/e. So far it's just been roll out of bed and get to work non-stop until you crawl back in at 11 or 12 at night. Now I remember why I spent like 2 decades avoiding doing this shit again.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!