IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 7:30pm
gkbill wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:55am
revbob wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:47am
matedog wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 9:22am
revbob wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 8:02pm

He's a senior so this is pretty much the last hurrah
Damn that sucks. What events did he do?

Reminds me of my senior year I was chipping away at my mile time trying to break 5 minutes and then got bronchitis. Best I ever did was 5:04.
400, and 4x400.

Thanks everyone he seems a bit better this morning
Hello,

Unlucky for him. One of the benefits of track is he can still pursue a time regardless of where he runs. It might be a small consolation but...

The 400 and 800 are races of death - they're very difficult.
For real. 800 seemed brutal to me and I only did 400 once. I just remember hitting the wall at like 150m and misery for the remaining 250.

But yeah, I’ve had fun since high school doing various distance races and runs and improving times and trying to do better.
Yeah he's planning to run track in college too. He's a bit more himself today.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 7:45pm
My son qualified for New England regionals in track but he got injured and cant go. He qualified for indoor track too duri g the w ter but got sick and couldn't go to that. He's not happy
Oh, that stinks. I'm so sorry. Will he have another chance once he heals?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sorry for the tough run of bad luck for your son, rev. Life stinks sometimes, but hopefully over the long run it will be a lesson in perspective.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 10:40am
revbob wrote:
My son qualified for New England regionals in track but he got injured and cant go. He qualified for indoor track too duri g the w ter but got sick and couldn't go to that. He's not happy
No, its one of those things, you just have to accept. Who knows maybe he gets a chance to shine a bit in college.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 12:26pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 10:40am
revbob wrote:
No, its one of those things, you just have to accept. Who knows maybe he gets a chance to shine a bit in college.
Poor kid.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

So today I joined the annual pilgrimage of 60,000 people that run from Newcastle to South Shields to pay homage to Heston, also known as the Great North Run. It was very hot so my only goal was to survive the experience. I am pleased to report that I achieved my goal! After I had finished and I was on my coach ready to leave the peninsular that is South Shields, to get back to the real world, the heavens opened and the only road was completely flooded. In the end it took nearly 7 hours to get the 20 miles from the end of the run to Durham, where we are staying. My favourite bit of the whole day, after being stuck on the coach for a few hours was that Angels by Robbie Williams came on the radio. Stuck in South Shields listening to Heston’s mate. I think the other people on the coach were probably wondering why I was sniggering!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

laxman wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 6:16pm
So today I joined the annual pilgrimage of 60,000 people that run from Newcastle to South Shields to pay homage to Heston, also known as the Great North Run. It was very hot so my only goal was to survive the experience. I am pleased to report that I achieved my goal! After I had finished and I was on my coach ready to leave the peninsular that is South Shields, to get back to the real world, the heavens opened and the only road was completely flooded. In the end it took nearly 7 hours to get the 20 miles from the end of the run to Durham, where we are staying. My favourite bit of the whole day, after being stuck on the coach for a few hours was that Angels by Robbie Williams came on the radio. Stuck in South Shields listening to Heston’s mate. I think the other people on the coach were probably wondering why I was sniggering!
Congratulations on completing the run!.

I looked online, it's 13.1 miles, don't know if I could have done it, I've never run over 10.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:
And I'll bet that sonofabitch wasn't even waiting for you at the finish line!

(Great work, man!)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

laxman wrote:
Awesome work!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

laxman wrote:
Hello,

Well done. It's tough enough to run a half-marathon but to run it with that crowd (a small city!) is great!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thanks all. No, Heston wasn’t there, or at least I don’t think so, I’m sure he can confirm, but I think Panic Report were playing a festival. I think they performed alongside the run one year in the past.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 1:57am
Thanks all. No, Heston wasn’t there, or at least I don’t think so, I’m sure he can confirm, but I think Panic Report were playing a festival. I think they performed alongside the run one year in the past.
Well done mate.

I watched some of it on the bbc. I did see Heston break the record of the fastest man ever to reach Herons and back home before the race began.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

laxman wrote:
Haha, well done mate. I was actually working at the event, looking after a team of refuse collectors near the Marsden Inn (The pub just before you head down the bank to the coast). I got absolutely soaked to the skin, it was like I had swam home when I got in. Made myself a decent wad of money though, the overtime rates are good for the Great North Run.

The best part of the day was watching my mate come fourth last, he was beaten by a 102 year old bloke. :mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 4:34am
laxman wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 1:57am
Well done mate.

I watched some of it on the bbc. I did see Heston break the record of the fastest man ever to reach Herons and back home before the race began.
:mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Heston wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 5:27am
laxman wrote:
Haha, well done mate. I was actually working at the event, looking after a team of refuse collectors near the Marsden Inn (The pub just before you head down the bank to the coast). I got absolutely soaked to the skin, it was like I had swam home when I got in. Made myself a decent wad of money though, the overtime rates are good for the Great North Run.

The best part of the day was watching my mate come fourth last, he was beaten by a 102 year old bloke. :mrgreen:
Ha ha, I was pleased to see that I can plan long term(over 40 years) to try to match that gent.

I was going to message you beforehand to potentially meet up, but I had assumed you would still be in Redcar. Next time!