IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by gkbill »

Sparky wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 9:00am
matedog wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 8:56am
revbob wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 7:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 7:32am
Inspirational?
Let's ask Matey
There’s that famous pic with the guy that shits himself mid race (I’m a bit modest about poop talk, so I’ll let you google image search that one instead of posting it) and he said the same thing. Ill I’ve got to say is - respect.
That "Jackass" stunt "Taking A Shit While Running" is always on my mind before I head out the door on a run.
Hello,

If this grosses you out, you don't want to see cycling shorts from any Tour de' France competitor.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 10:13am
Sparky wrote:
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 7:32am

Inspirational?
Let's ask Matey
There’s that famous pic with the guy that shits himself mid race (I’m a bit modest about poop talk, so I’ll let you google image search that one instead of posting it) and he said the same thing. Ill I’ve got to say is - respect.
That "Jackass" stunt "Taking A Shit While Running" is always on my mind before I head out the door on a run.
Hello,

If this grosses you out, you don't want to see cycling shorts from any Tour de' France competitor.
The stench at the finish line at those things must be hideous.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 10:28am
gkbill wrote:
Sparky wrote:
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:

Let's ask Matey
Hello,

Hello,

This is why you really want to be in the lead.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 10:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 10:28am
gkbill wrote:
Sparky wrote:
matedog wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

This is why you really want to be in the lead.
:lol: An incentive for winning I'd never considered.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This morning will be the start of my rowing-on-the-deck season. It'll be good to have that fresh air again. Based on last year's experience, I've ordered a workshop fan (yay for Air Miles) and a rattan blind, as the sun hits that spot of the deck in just the right, horrible way.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 8:38am
This morning will be the start of my rowing-on-the-deck season. It'll be good to have that fresh air again. Based on last year's experience, I've ordered a workshop fan (yay for Air Miles) and a rattan blind, as the sun hits that spot of the deck in just the right, horrible way.
Have you run this past the raccoons prior to setting up your rowing machine on their deck? :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
09 May 2023, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 8:38am
Have you run this past the raccoons prior to setting up your rowing machine on their deck? :lol:
*shudder* Since investing in a second gate at the bottom of the stairs last fall or late summer, there have been no incursions. The camera I set again last week caught one of the buggers on my neighbour's roof, but they haven't tried to breach the walls. The Boss is still paranoid—she seems to think they could leap from the neighbour's roof to our deck—but I think we've properly insulated ourselves now. Tough rocks, Olaf!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

My son qualified for New England regionals in track but he got injured and cant go. He qualified for indoor track too duri g the w ter but got sick and couldn't go to that. He's not happy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 7:45pm
My son qualified for New England regionals in track but he got injured and cant go. He qualified for indoor track too duri g the w ter but got sick and couldn't go to that. He's not happy
Shit. That's a damned shame. Qualifying is still an achievement that in time he'll appreciate.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
That blows, hope he gets another shot at it after he's recovered from his injury.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 7:54pm
revbob wrote:
That blows, hope he gets another shot at it after he's recovered from his injury.
He's a senior so this is pretty much the last hurrah

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 8:02pm
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:
Damn that sucks. What events did he do?

Reminds me of my senior year I was chipping away at my mile time trying to break 5 minutes and then got bronchitis. Best I ever did was 5:04.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 9:22am
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

Reminds me of my senior year I was chipping away at my mile time trying to break 5 minutes and then got bronchitis. Best I ever did was 5:04.
400, and 4x400.

Thanks everyone he seems a bit better this morning

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:47am
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:
revbob wrote:

400, and 4x400.

Hello,

Unlucky for him. One of the benefits of track is he can still pursue a time regardless of where he runs. It might be a small consolation but...

The 400 and 800 are races of death - they're very difficult.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

gkbill wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:55am
revbob wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:47am
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
Sparky wrote:

400, and 4x400.

Hello,

Unlucky for him. One of the benefits of track is he can still pursue a time regardless of where he runs. It might be a small consolation but...

The 400 and 800 are races of death - they're very difficult.
For real. 800 seemed brutal to me and I only did 400 once. I just remember hitting the wall at like 150m and misery for the remaining 250.

But yeah, I’ve had fun since high school doing various distance races and runs and improving times and trying to do better.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.