IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92791
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 4:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 3:51pm
And my row this morning ended when it started leaking water. The seal separating the two halves of the tank started giving way. Not a huge surprise there given the age of the rower. Found a video on line how to remove the old seal and glue in a new one—seemed pretty simple. Just have to let it dry and see if I did it right.
Such a beast.
I'm about at about 53% on the masculinity gauge.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15107
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 3:51pm
And my row this morning ended when it started leaking water. The seal separating the two halves of the tank started giving way. Not a huge surprise there given the age of the rower. Found a video on line how to remove the old seal and glue in a new one—seemed pretty simple. Just have to let it dry and see if I did it right.
When not destroying exercise equipment with your brute strength you're probably kicking sand on skinny weaklings and taking their girlfriends.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92791
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 6:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 3:51pm
And my row this morning ended when it started leaking water. The seal separating the two halves of the tank started giving way. Not a huge surprise there given the age of the rower. Found a video on line how to remove the old seal and glue in a new one—seemed pretty simple. Just have to let it dry and see if I did it right.
When not destroying exercise equipment with your brute strength you're probably kicking sand on skinny weaklings and taking their girlfriends.
Once upon a time. Then I turned my life over to Christ.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92791
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My re-sealing job seems to have worked, tho the Gorilla Glue expanded and left snotty streaks on the tank. Enh, whatever. I don't care about aesthetics. One huge thing I discovered while dismantling and, um, remantling the whole thing is that the strap for the handle is attached via velcro, so it's in no danger of snapping. Basically, the strap is longer than the length of the rower, so you'll never pull it so far as to get to the end. Meaning it always stays mostly wrapped around the spindle that turns the blades in the water tank (where the resistance comes from). The problem with my other rowers—the strap or chain snapping—shouldn't occur with this model because I'll never reach that kind of tension with the strap. And even if the strap should break, installing a new one will be stupid easy. On that alone, I'm happy to recommend a Water Rower (the brand, that is; other water rowers might be designed differently).
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Sparky
Dirty Punk
Posts: 70
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Sparky »

I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29930
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Flex »

Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
That's brutal. Are you naturally a morning person at all? I really, really struggle to get running in the early morning.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92791
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
Holy moly, I respect the hell out of your dedication. I assume you run on regular city streets to utilize the light?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Sparky
Dirty Punk
Posts: 70
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:06pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
That's brutal. Are you naturally a morning person at all? I really, really struggle to get running in the early morning.
Used to be a night owl back in my youth, but job responsibilities changed all that! Freakin' in be by 8 pm now a days! I prefer running around 6 am, weekends, days off etc...much cooler, air quality is better and now with COVID, fewer people to have to share the path with. Plus if I get it out of the way 1st thing, I don't have to make excuses for not getting to it later on.

Sparky
Dirty Punk
Posts: 70
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:11pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
Holy moly, I respect the hell out of your dedication. I assume you run on regular city streets to utilize the light?
I run down a major street to the bike trail on the beach, then run the bike trail. Sometime they have the lights on, other times it's pitch black. Bought a LED running vest a while back, very light weight, 7 ounces I think, very bright, so cars can see me.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92791
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:11pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
Holy moly, I respect the hell out of your dedication. I assume you run on regular city streets to utilize the light?
I run down a major street to the bike trail on the beach, then run the bike trail. Sometime they have the lights on, other times it's pitch black. Bought a LED running vest a while back, very light weight, 7 ounces I think, very bright, so cars can see me.
More confidence/guts than me running in the dark. :cool:
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Sparky
Dirty Punk
Posts: 70
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:21pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:11pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
Holy moly, I respect the hell out of your dedication. I assume you run on regular city streets to utilize the light?
I run down a major street to the bike trail on the beach, then run the bike trail. Sometime they have the lights on, other times it's pitch black. Bought a LED running vest a while back, very light weight, 7 ounces I think, very bright, so cars can see me.
More confidence/guts than me running in the dark. :cool:
Had a run in with a coyote a while back, but for the most part, they ignore me. Guess seeing me run they know I'm slow and no threat, same goes for tweekers that are lurking about.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22563
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by matedog »

Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
I hate my roll out of bed runs. 3:45 is unfathomable. Can't you just run after work?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Sparky
Dirty Punk
Posts: 70
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:35pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
I hate my roll out of bed runs. 3:45 is unfathomable. Can't you just run after work?
I used too, but more often than not I'm just so burned out because I start work so early that I can rationalize sitting on my butt once I get home. So running before work is a challenge, but it keeps me going.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15107
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:36pm
matedog wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:35pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
I hate my roll out of bed runs. 3:45 is unfathomable. Can't you just run after work?
I used too, but more often than not I'm just so burned out because I start work so early that I can rationalize sitting on my butt once I get home. So running before work is a challenge, but it keeps me going.
When I used to go to the gym I preferred to go at like 10pm (it was a 24hr place). I am NOT a morning person. If I went at 10pm I could get my workout done in an hour as opposed to going after work with everyone else.

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2373
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 7:14pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:36pm
matedog wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:35pm
Sparky wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 6:01pm
I'd like to consider myself a member of the club if I may. I try to run 3x a week, average about 7 miles per run. Biggest challenge is I start work about 5 am, so I have to get out the door to run before 3:45 am. Man it's tough sometimes, but just putting on my music and doing it makes me feel so much better.
I hate my roll out of bed runs. 3:45 is unfathomable. Can't you just run after work?
I used too, but more often than not I'm just so burned out because I start work so early that I can rationalize sitting on my butt once I get home. So running before work is a challenge, but it keeps me going.
When I used to go to the gym I preferred to go at like 10pm (it was a 24hr place). I am NOT a morning person. If I went at 10pm I could get my workout done in an hour as opposed to going after work with everyone else.
Hello,

I'm much more of late evening work out person. "That's it - my work is done..." kind of thing. I'm going back to running outside and bleachers as the University fitness center (a great facility) just mandated masks on treadmills and other cardio equipment.

Post Reply