Jesus H. Christ.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Jesus H. Christ.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: [obama]Or downer as in "special olympics contestant"[/obama]
The term is Corky.
By the way, I was once by a highway in Hattiesburg, MS (there was a reason) with my ex-grilfriend when we saw a "Corky's B-B-Q." She took one look at that sign and said laconically "Should they be allowing him next to a hot grill?"

She was a psycho bitch, but she WAS funny.
Beautiful. But then it turned into a living nightmare when the entire restaurant staff turned out to be Down Syndrome people who looked exactly alike! (And then that Hitchcock screeching violin wouldn't stop.)
Shades of T.J. O'Pootertoots.
I know it's Stiller, but I completely blanking on that sketch. Help out a brudder …
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: The term is Corky.
By the way, I was once by a highway in Hattiesburg, MS (there was a reason) with my ex-grilfriend when we saw a "Corky's B-B-Q." She took one look at that sign and said laconically "Should they be allowing him next to a hot grill?"

Beautiful. But then it turned into a living nightmare when the entire restaurant staff turned out to be Down Syndrome people who looked exactly alike! (And then that Hitchcock screeching violin wouldn't stop.)
I know it's Stiller, but I completely blanking on that sketch. Help out a brudder …
Janeane Garafalo starts working at a chain restaurant full of enthusiastic corporate drones with fake mustaches, and learns through her boyfriend (David Cross in one of his first TV appearances) that the original T.J. O'Pootertoot was a member of the Donner Party and THEY'RE SERVING PEOPLE!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: By the way, I was once by a highway in Hattiesburg, MS (there was a reason) with my ex-grilfriend when we saw a "Corky's B-B-Q." She took one look at that sign and said laconically "Should they be allowing him next to a hot grill?"

Janeane Garafalo starts working at a chain restaurant full of enthusiastic corporate drones with fake mustaches, and learns through her boyfriend (David Cross in one of his first TV appearances) that the original T.J. O'Pootertoot was a member of the Donner Party and THEY'RE SERVING PEOPLE!
Shit—it's not clicking whatsoever. And I just watched all thirteen episode maybe three months ago. Lunchtime viewing has been determined …
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:Janeane Garafalo starts working at a chain restaurant full of enthusiastic corporate drones with fake mustaches, and learns through her boyfriend (David Cross in one of his first TV appearances) that the original T.J. O'Pootertoot was a member of the Donner Party and THEY'RE SERVING PEOPLE!
I love that sketch.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Suzanne H. wrote:Has anyone read this??! :scared: :twitch:
http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts?ohgodno
grossbergs, i couldn't get through that.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I found the linking arc about the creative between the short stories a bit of a downer.

Which sounds trite about a Palahniuk book, but there it is.
What do you mean by downer—downer as a disappointment or downer as, well, depressing?
Actually, both.
I know that the reviews for Haunted were rather mixed, with most of the negative ones complaining about the narrative that connected the stories. I liked it quite a bit. It added extra punch to the stories—it's not just the next story in the collection, but a product of one of the characters—plus it was one of CP's funnier bits of satire—playing on Ten Little Indians story, but inverting it somewhat where the hypermedia'd characters do what they're expected to do and already planning their life under the spotlights because of it. Even story characters know that there are no new stories and so they, and we, can project how the mess will develop. The fun is the extra bit of manipulation later revealed. Haunted isn't my favourite CP work, but I place it just after Choke and Snuff.
What was his non-fiction one called? I don't remember much of it, but in his interview of Julliette Lewis she came off as a willfully odd bitch.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I found the linking arc about the creative between the short stories a bit of a downer.

Which sounds trite about a Palahniuk book, but there it is.
What do you mean by downer—downer as a disappointment or downer as, well, depressing?
Actually, both.
I know that the reviews for Haunted were rather mixed, with most of the negative ones complaining about the narrative that connected the stories. I liked it quite a bit. It added extra punch to the stories—it's not just the next story in the collection, but a product of one of the characters—plus it was one of CP's funnier bits of satire—playing on Ten Little Indians story, but inverting it somewhat where the hypermedia'd characters do what they're expected to do and already planning their life under the spotlights because of it. Even story characters know that there are no new stories and so they, and we, can project how the mess will develop. The fun is the extra bit of manipulation later revealed. Haunted isn't my favourite CP work, but I place it just after Choke and Snuff.
What was his non-fiction one called? I don't remember much of it, but in his interview of Julliette Lewis she came off as a willfully odd bitch.
Stranger Than Fiction, I think. The only pieces from that collection that really stand out in my memory are the combine demolition derbies (or were they just races?) and his experiments with steroids. My distaste for Juliette Lewis—she just looks like she bathes in filth—has probably blocked out the interview for me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:Janeane Garafalo starts working at a chain restaurant full of enthusiastic corporate drones with fake mustaches, and learns through her boyfriend (David Cross in one of his first TV appearances) that the original T.J. O'Pootertoot was a member of the Donner Party and THEY'RE SERVING PEOPLE!
I love that sketch.
"Stay back or I'll shave you all!" Excellent sketch comedy writing and performance.