Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 8:22pm
Joe Public wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 1:16pm
No human normally stands that way, so I'm guessing Mary Jane is doing one of those hands-free attempts to work her underwear out from her butt.
Well, supposedly she's at Madison Square Garden, so maybe she's adopted the wide stance to avoid stepping in a puddle of bodily fluids of some sort.

...Just a thought.
Real New Yorkers in the 70s accepted that, or so the weird nostalgia claims now.
Yeah piss was everywhere.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 8:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Joe Public wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No human normally stands that way, so I'm guessing Mary Jane is doing one of those hands-free attempts to work her underwear out from her butt.
Well, supposedly she's at Madison Square Garden, so maybe she's adopted the wide stance to avoid stepping in a puddle of bodily fluids of some sort.

...Just a thought.
Real New Yorkers in the 70s accepted that, or so the weird nostalgia claims now.
That's still my most visceral memory of the times I've been in NY—the smell. The city has a distinct and unpleasant odour.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 8:25pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Joe Public wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

...Just a thought.
That's still my most visceral memory of the times I've been in NY—the smell. The city has a distinct and unpleasant odour.
You mean pizza?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 10:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Joe Public wrote:

...Just a thought.
You mean pizza?
Pizza does not have an unpleasant odour, unless it's, like, something Kory ordered.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Joe Public wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

...Just a thought.
I think big cities in general have a distinct smell. We were in Chicago last weekend and it also stinks.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 10:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Joe Public wrote:

...Just a thought.
I think big cities in general have a distinct smell. We were in Chicago last weekend and it also stinks.
This is true, but NY has always stood out to me compared to Montreal, Toronto, Boston, or Chicago.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 10:27am

This is true, but NY has always stood out to me compared to Montreal, Toronto, Boston, or Chicago.
I guess I just like city stink. New York stinks during the summer, it's unavoidable. The most unpleasant smelling place I've ever been was Alabama. It smelled of cow shit and Sulphur.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 12:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I guess I just like city stink. New York stinks during the summer, it's unavoidable. The most unpleasant smelling place I've ever been was Alabama. It smelled of cow shit and Sulphur.
And that was the whorehouses! Hey-yo!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 12:33pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

New York smells like pretzels (if you're walking around Manhattan).

Alabama smells like dog food. There's a huge dog food factory somewhere in Alabama.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 12:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Alabama smells like dog food. There's a huge dog food factory somewhere in Alabama.
I remember David Cross describing New York in the weeks after 11 Sept as smelling like diapers and burning tires.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Whorebarns in Alabama!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 1:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Whorebarns in Alabama!
That's a song title waiting for its music.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 12:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Yeah I've never thought NY smelled like anything particularly noteworthy. More than any other city, anyway. Maybe Seattle smells more than I think it does because I'm used to it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I've been digging into Byrne's Namor run. Pretty short at only 25 issues before the hated Jae Lee takes over, but it's been really good so far. I have a digital version of his FF (thanks to Gene) that I'm hoping to jump to after, but I'd like to find physical copies if I can. I'm about halfway through his Alpha Flight, and his art just isn't as good there. The writing is fine, and sometimes funny, but I'm liking his other stuff a lot more. Will be re-reading Shulkie again soon as well.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 3:24pm
I've been digging into Byrne's Namor run. Pretty short at only 25 issues before the hated Jae Lee takes over, but it's been really good so far. I have a digital version of his FF (thanks to Gene) that I'm hoping to jump to after, but I'd like to find physical copies if I can. I'm about halfway through his Alpha Flight, and his art just isn't as good there. The writing is fine, and sometimes funny, but I'm liking his other stuff a lot more. Will be re-reading Shulkie again soon as well.
He's stated that he never really got into AF, that it never gelled in his mind. I read a handful of issues, but it never did anything for me.