Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 9:08am
The art goes wonky again and the next story arc looks to be about L'il Ted Cruz. I'll bet Big Foots would like the taste of L'il Ted …
Wow those characters look soooo different. Is this next arc going to be about didlers?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 9:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The art goes wonky again and the next story arc looks to be about L'il Ted Cruz. I'll bet Big Foots would like the taste of L'il Ted …
Wow those characters look soooo different. Is this next arc going to be about didlers?
They owe us an origin story about how L'il Ted becomes the evil and twisted troll he is today. So, maybe he'll be rejected by a girl, then a boy, then a dog, then finally his parents.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 10:01am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They owe us an origin story about how L'il Ted becomes the evil and twisted troll he is today. So, maybe he'll be rejected by a girl, then a boy, then a dog, then finally his parents.
And then he murders Geof the Didler for his first taste of blood.

So for our pitch to the network do we want things to kind of reset with each story arc. So after the murder we switch to a setting where Rusty smacks his lips and says mmm pancakes my favorite. Then switch to Doc as he is the only one who seems to acknowledge the horrible deeds that have been done.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 10:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Back in undergrad days, there was a guy named Geoff who was kinda sorta in our circle. Another friend was referencing him and said, "You know that Gee-off guy? He calls himself Jeff for some reason but he's Gee-off." And said friend earned the nickname Gee-off at that point.
So for our pitch to the network do we want things to kind of reset with each story arc. So after the murder we switch to a setting where Rusty smacks his lips and says mmm pancakes my favorite. Then switch to Doc as he is the only one who seems to acknowledge the horrible deeds that have been done.
Ha! I kind of like the idea where everyone except Doc suffers from an amnesia whereby every adventure is forgotten, so they think Doc is senile when he mentions, say, the walrus that gave birth in the back of a station wagon.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 10:38am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Back in undergrad days, there was a guy named Geoff who was kinda sorta in our circle. Another friend was referencing him and said, "You know that Gee-off guy? He calls himself Jeff for some reason but he's Gee-off." And said friend earned the nickname Gee-off at that point.
Ha! I kind of like the idea where everyone except Doc suffers from an amnesia whereby every adventure is forgotten, so they think Doc is senile when he mentions, say, the walrus that gave birth in the back of a station wagon.
Yes!!! this is a fucking winner and you know it. Who else wants in on this crazy train?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 10:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yes!!! this is a fucking winner and you know it. Who else wants in on this crazy train?
If I had half a clue how to proceed, I'd give it a shot. The concept is rich with comedic possibility.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 11:01am
revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 10:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If I had half a clue how to proceed, I'd give it a shot. The concept is rich with comedic possibility.
I'm a bit out my element with this as well. I need to do some research. Where's Kaleb isn't he some high powered Hollywood type?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 12:02pm
Where's Kaleb isn't he some high powered Hollywood type?
Suddenly, Mark Trail becomes an outlaw musician who takes pictures of ghost towns …

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

L'il Ted's hands in panel 3 are in the classic “Stay away, please, stay away” pose.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 9:27am
L'il Ted's hands in panel 3 are in the classic “Stay away, please, stay away” pose.
Please dont hit me Cherry.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 10:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Please dont hit me Cherry.
Or don't send me with Mark. He does all kinds of bad touches!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Her finger looks really weird.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
"The guy who takes kids camping..."

This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 11:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"The guy who takes kids camping..."

This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Definitely code that Uncle Grabby has taught L'il Ted to say to the grown-ups.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Next strip dialog:

Geoff: Hey Rusty Im gonna need your help pitching a tent.

Rusty: Gee whiz Mr Aldridge you want ME to help YOU??

Geoff: Rusty... please call me Geoff.

Rusty: You betcha Jeff, now where can we pitch that tent?