Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 9:12pm
What the fuck is Daredevil doing here?
JOing on the model trains
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now I'm embarrassed for being dense.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

This just in from the department of Sure, Rob—It’s Not Like You Have a Track Record of Being Hard to Work With or Anything: https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/08/ ... ntability/
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 12:46am
This just in from the department of Sure, Rob—It’s Not Like You Have a Track Record of Being Hard to Work With or Anything: https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/08/ ... ntability/
I remember in one of David Halberstam's baseball books, he related the changing culture of the 60s among, particularly, black ballplayers. Young guys came to their first spring training and weren't deferential to veterans the way they were in the past. Which was true in a larger sense, as civil right and, later, black power consciousness raising did alter how young players regarded tradition and custom, but doubtless those old players were sanitizing their own behaviour as rookies, too, exaggerating the respect they delivered.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Speaking of Liefeld: https://twitter.com/Lie_Felled

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 5:36pm
Speaking of Liefeld: https://twitter.com/Lie_Felled
Quite simply the worst

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So the next Captain America film, with a black man, Sam Wilson, taking over the identity, is subtitled "New World Order." The right, I believe, will respond to this combination with maturity and restraint.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 9:12pm
What the fuck is Daredevil doing here?
JOing on the model trains
Without imitation crab meat? What a heathen.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 4:45pm
So the next Captain America film, with a black man, Sam Wilson, taking over the identity, is subtitled "New World Order." The right, I believe, will respond to this combination with maturity and restraint.
I really wish I had a better sense of what percentage of the "fandom" is occupied by these fuckwits. Comment threads would have me believe it's basically everyone.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I really wish I had a better sense of what percentage of the "fandom" is occupied by these fuckwits. Comment threads would have me believe it's basically everyone.
The people who care enough to talk about things sure seem dominated by Red Skull fans.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:33pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The people who care enough to talk about things sure seem dominated by Red Skull fans.
It certainly adds ammo to the idea that all of these big, masculine fans are just whiny crybabies.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:33pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It certainly adds ammo to the idea that all of these big, masculine fans are just whiny crybabies.
Completely. They're far more intense fantasists than the average comic book fan. They demonstrate the plausibility of the critique that the superhero genre rests on a fascist fantasy (action over contemplation, the virtue of violence to resolve conflict, hierarchies of people of superior ability).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 6:32pm
/controlr_htp/status/1572408753546493954
This is exactly right.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead