Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Howard Beale
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Howard Beale »

eumaas wrote:as far as nerdly things, I've been working my way through season one of X-Files. I had forgotten how big a show that was for me when I was a kid--I think I wanted to look like Duchovny when grown up even.
Hey, same here, I’m currently about halfway through season two. What's your favorite episode from season one so far?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:So, I just watched the pilot for The Middleman on the ABC family website. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
Shit -- I meant to watch that. I'll have to check it out.
I loved the X-Files too. The one episode that actually scared the bajesus out of me was "Home." It was the one where the sons kept having sex with their no-limbed mother to produce inbred children. Much as things are done in Canada.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:So, I just watched the pilot for The Middleman on the ABC family website. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
I loved the X-Files too. The one episode that actually scared the bajesus out of me was "Home." It was the one where the sons kept having sex with their no-limbed mother to produce inbred children. Much as things are done in Canada.
Dude! That's the scariest one for me too. To top it off, I was watching it alone in the dark in my dad's trailer in the middle of the sticks. I have an irrational fear of rednecks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:It was the one where the sons kept having sex with their no-limbed mother to produce inbred children. Much as things are done in Canada.
Note: Not a Canadian.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:It was the one where the sons kept having sex with their no-limbed mother to produce inbred children. Much as things are done in Canada.
I like to think that the lady on the right is holding a sign that says "Free Rimjobs".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I like to think that the lady on the right is holding a sign that says "Free Rimjobs".
Think? I know that's what it says.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
Wasn't that episode banned from broadcast for a while? In any case, definitely the creepiest episode of the series.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wasn't that episode banned from broadcast for a while? In any case, definitely the creepiest episode of the series.

I love the use of angelic 50's songs in conjunction with horrific images (Lynch is obviously the master of this)

[youtube][/youtube]

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
FOR THE LAST TIME, he was talking about Erin Moran, Joanie from Happy Days. Sheesh.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
FOR THE LAST TIME, he was talking about Erin Moran, Joanie from Happy Days. Sheesh.
What about the Free Rim Jobs sign, tho?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Why do you think Missouri is called the Show Me State (Free Rim Jobs Upon Arrival)?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Why do you think Missouri is called the Show Me State (Free Rim Jobs Upon Arrival)?
Which makes Ashcroft all the creepier.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: Image
Which makes Ashcroft all the creepier.
And he's chair of the welcoming committee. He always begins by singing his Eagle Soaring song. You've seen that clip, right?
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

modskin wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
eumaas wrote:as far as nerdly things, I've been working my way through season one of X-Files. I had forgotten how big a show that was for me when I was a kid--I think I wanted to look like Duchovny when grown up even.
I've been thinking of starting from season one as well, but that's a hell of a commitment. I never did watch the T-1000 years, so maybe it'll be worthwhile.
You want nerdy?

With only a few exceptions.. I saw every episode of the X-Files... In order... On their original air date...
I joined the party maybe 4 or 5 episodes into season one. (remember the bigfoot one?) Made it to the end. I was just thinking of maybe renting or buying a box and starting over, because I haven't even watched a repeat since it went off the air.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

threecoffins wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dude! That's the scariest one for me too. To top it off, I was watching it alone in the dark in my dad's trailer in the middle of the sticks. I have an irrational fear of rednecks.
ooh, I think think that's the consensus creepiest episode. It's very Hills Have Eyes-ey
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak