Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex and Wolter's Den of Nerdly Awesomeness

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 5:20pm
Kory wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 5:02pm
Just read Byrne's run on Namor, liked it a lot. Now moving into the era where he wrote it, but polarizing artist Jae Lee drew it. I'm warming up to him.
Byrne's incessant googling himself will eventually find this and he will interpret your comment as an insult, to which he will respond to it on his board with an insult. Well done.
Oh I was saying that I was warming up to Jae Lee. I already liked Byrne from UXM, Alpha Flight, and She-Hulk—I just couldn't fathom his weird mummified people art on FF. SO hopefully he sees THAT. TAKE IT, BYRNE!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 5:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Just read Byrne's run on Namor, liked it a lot. Now moving into the era where he wrote it, but polarizing artist Jae Lee drew it. I'm warming up to him.
Byrne's incessant googling himself will eventually find this and he will interpret your comment as an insult, to which he will respond to it on his board with an insult. Well done.
Oh I was saying that I was warming up to Jae Lee. I already liked Byrne from UXM, Alpha Flight, and She-Hulk—I just couldn't fathom his weird mummified people art on FF. SO hopefully he sees THAT. TAKE IT, BYRNE!
Don't worry, he'll take it all as an insult directed at him by an "ennui-engorged fanboy." It really is remarkable that someone who has accomplished so much over so long is obsessed with finding comments even a decade old to then complain about them. Somehow he's got a paper-thin ego yet he also actively seeks out even the vaguest criticism to whine about.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 5:35pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Don't worry, he'll take it all as an insult directed at him by an "ennui-engorged fanboy." It really is remarkable that someone who has accomplished so much over so long is obsessed with finding comments even a decade old to then complain about them. Somehow he's got a paper-thin ego yet he also actively seeks out even the vaguest criticism to whine about.
Does he even get work anymore? Maybe he's just slid into madness from not having enough to keep him occupied.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 6:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 5:35pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Does he even get work anymore? Maybe he's just slid into madness from not having enough to keep him occupied.
He's not looking for work, but it's also a case, I think, of burning bridges everywhere. He's made so many offensive pronouncements on his board that I suspect the PR departments of Marvel, DC, Image, and everyone else would veto him as not worth it. He's been doing his "If I did X-Men instead of Claremont" comic on his board for a few years now, but, even at free, I couldn't be bothered to keep up. His art is as good as ever, but his writing is tediously dull. He's just a bitter old fuck who ignores the praise and searches for slights.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2022, 6:59am
TomKingTK/status/1549410929187733509
Very nicely done
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Robin's "Special Mummy Ray Gun" is ineffective against mummies, I hope he kept his receipt.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 10:09am

Robin's "Special Mummy Ray Gun" is ineffective against mummies, I hope he kept his receipt.
And good thing the professor brought his beautiful daughter along. If he'd taken the ugly one this may have turned out differently.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 10:45am
tepista wrote:

And good thing the professor brought his beautiful daughter along. If he'd taken the ugly one this may have turned out differently.
If she likes his Twinkee wait until she sees his Ding Dong.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:

Robin didn't read the fine print on the box—it's only effective against Joan Crawford.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 11:53am
tepista wrote:

Robin didn't read the fine print on the box—it's only effective against Joan Crawford.
Mummy Dearest?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 12:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 11:53am
tepista wrote:

Mummy Dearest?
There ya go!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Comments on the casting of Namor are really making me wish nerds were still ostracized.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

What the fuck is Daredevil doing here?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 9:12pm
What the fuck is Daredevil doing here?
JOing on the model trains
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead