Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

Mr. Butters had his appointment today with a different vet and I'm happy to say we're doing something about his nose issue. After this appointment, I realize now my regular doctor lacks something. I'm calling it instinct but it could be experience. The new doc listened to his whole story and began connecting a lot of dots and made a lot of suggestions, both of which the other doc did not or could not do. We're picking the lowest hanging fruit first. For the first time in nearly five years of taking both of them to this particular doc, I walked out of the office feeling good. Then I got angry because now I'm wondering how much had been neglected, especially with Licorice's kidney issues. Things could have been better. I see that now.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Mimi wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 4:26pm
Mr. Butters had his appointment today with a different vet and I'm happy to say we're doing something about his nose issue. After this appointment, I realize now my regular doctor lacks something. I'm calling it instinct but it could be experience. The new doc listened to his whole story and began connecting a lot of dots and made a lot of suggestions, both of which the other doc did not or could not do. We're picking the lowest hanging fruit first. For the first time in nearly five years of taking both of them to this particular doc, I walked out of the office feeling good. Then I got angry because now I'm wondering how much had been neglected, especially with Licorice's kidney issues. Things could have been better. I see that now.
That’s good to hear Mimi. Good on you for seeking out another vet’s opinion. Hoping for the best for Mr. Butters.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
I'm so glad you're feeling more confident about things going forward. It's a remarkable feeling when you find a doctor who you feel comfortable with. The two neurologists I saw in Saskatoon were lousy as fuck—dismissive, condescending—but the guy I found in Ottawa was so damned good in answering my questions, encouraging me to do research (which he could then respond to), and just treating me as an adult who wants some say in my health. That kind of shit makes such a difference. Hopefully Butters' solution is one of those low-hanging possibilities.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
Hope everything turns out OK for Mr. Butters. No different than your personal doctor, if you're not comfortable with them, keep looking.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 8:59pm
Mimi wrote:
Hope everything turns out OK for Mr. Butters. No different than your personal doctor, if you're not comfortable with them, keep looking.
Amen to that.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 9:50pm
Sparky wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Amen to that.
We had a vet we'd gong to for over 30 years (very good, compassionate vet), he saw our cats at least once a year, wasn't overly concerned about one of them being very thin. He retired and sold his practice, new, younger vet probably fresh out of school, suggested we have her tested for thyroid disease, and sure enough, that was exactly what was wrong. We were able to get her on some meds and it enabled us to have a few more good years with her.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 9:55pm
Mimi wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 9:50pm
Sparky wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Amen to that.
We had a vet we'd gong to for over 30 years (very good, compassionate vet), he saw our cats at least once a year, wasn't overly concerned about one of them being very thin. He retired and sold his practice, new, younger vet probably fresh out of school, suggested we have her tested for thyroid disease, and sure enough, that was exactly what was wrong. We were able to get her on some meds and it enabled us to have a few more good years with her.
Isn't that something?!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Fingers crossed for sweet Butters!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

tepista wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 6:01pm
Egads man, that's just about every morning in our household.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

A few months ago, I got a nerite snail for my 10 gallon betta tank. I already had a mystery snail, which is much bigger, but it doesn't clean the algae that accumulates on the glass as well as nerites do. But the nerite snail disappeared and hasn't been seen for months, so I just assumed it died. Until yesterday morning. IT'S ALIVE!!!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 12:01pm
A few months ago, I got a nerite snail for my 10 gallon betta tank. I already had a mystery snail, which is much bigger, but it doesn't clean the algae that accumulates on the glass as well as nerites do. But the nerite snail disappeared and hasn't been seen for months, so I just assumed it died. Until yesterday morning. IT'S ALIVE!!!
Which means it has the ability to escape the aquarium—teleportation? inter-dimensional shifting?—or simply become invisible. Either way, you have a very valuable snail that could hold the key to the future of life on this planet.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
I believe he was trying to impress you with one of the many tricks he's learned - sitting & staying as well as playing dead.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 12:12pm
JennyB wrote:
Which means it has the ability to escape the aquarium—teleportation? inter-dimensional shifting?—or simply become invisible. Either way, you have a very valuable snail that could hold the key to the future of life on this planet.
Indeed. They are powerful creatures.

The mystery snail, which is fucking huge, managed to escape the tank for TWO DAYS without notice. And it survived! These things are evolutionary miracles.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 12:18pm
JennyB wrote:
I believe he was trying to impress you with one of the many tricks he's learned - sitting & staying as well as playing dead.
He is the world's smarted snail!
Got a Rake? Sure!