Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

I'm glad that other cat owners have similar methods of dealing with finicky eaters.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

One of my cats has taken to pooping outside the box. It's only happened twice and it happened after I put new litter in (pine pellets). I'm hoping it's just that and nothing more. This has never happened before. :angry:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 8:38am
One of my cats has taken to pooping outside the box. It's only happened twice and it happened after I put new litter in (pine pellets). I'm hoping it's just that and nothing more. This has never happened before. :angry:
Have you always used that type of litter? When we tried switching from wood pellets to corn husk based litter, ours wouldn't use the box.
Another thought - when one of our males was having problems with urinary crystals, he avoided the box for all of his business until the crystals passed.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 8:44am
Mimi wrote:
Have you always used that type of litter? When we tried switching from wood pellets to corn husk based litter, ours wouldn't use the box.
Another thought - when one of our males was having problems with urinary crystals, he avoided the box for all of his business until the crystals passed.
Same litter. My boy got blocked years ago and remember all too well what that was like. He hasn't been acting funny about doing his business. The last time he acted funny about the box, he had an infected anal sac. The vets loved that one. mwahahaha

To be honest, something has changed in this house. They're both acting spooked and I'm not sure why.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
I guess the test is to go back to the old litter and see what happens. We've been lucky that none of our cats have ever been litterbox fussy, tho our boy Dickens used to occasionally kick his shit outside after burying it (accidentally?).

I've been used Arm & Hammer's Slide for the past year and can't speak highly enough. Cleans up so dang well, which seriously cuts down the odour.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 9:28am
Mimi wrote:
I guess the test is to go back to the old litter and see what happens. We've been lucky that none of our cats have ever been litterbox fussy, tho our boy Dickens used to occasionally kick his shit outside after burying it (accidentally?).

I've been used Arm & Hammer's Slide for the past year and can't speak highly enough. Cleans up so dang well, which seriously cuts down the odour.
Sorry. I worded that wrong. It's the same litter I've used for over a decade. It was just a fresh batch, after I cleaned the box. The pellets are hard at first then soften and crumble after getting wet.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 9:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Sorry. I worded that wrong. It's the same litter I've used for over a decade. It was just a fresh batch, after I cleaned the box. The pellets are hard at first then soften and crumble after getting wet.
Hmm, that is strange then. They both use the box? Perhaps the one acting out doesn't like what they're smelling from the other.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 10:56am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Hmm, that is strange then. They both use the box? Perhaps the one acting out doesn't like what they're smelling from the other.
They have two boxes but both use them. As I told Sparky, they've seemed spooked by something lately. I'm going to have to play Nancy Drew and figure this out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 10:56am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

They have two boxes but both use them. As I told Sparky, they've seemed spooked by something lately. I'm going to have to play Nancy Drew and figure this out.
If you have a grandfather clock or a floor-length mirror, look for a secret passage behind it.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Hey all - if you could send some good vibes our way, I'd appreciate it. One of VH, Jr.'s guinea pigs hasn't been eating for over a week. I *think* it's his teeth because he seems to want to eat, but he can't. If their teeth grow too long, they aren't able to eat. In the meantime, I have been syringe feeding him this stuff called critical care, which is super gross and messy, but it's helping him. Seeing the vet this afternoon.

He's a sweet little guy and I feel terrible because he is like half his size now. Compared to his brother, he looks like a baby pig.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 11:00am
Hey all - if you could send some good vibes our way, I'd appreciate it. One of VH, Jr.'s guinea pigs hasn't been eating for over a week. I *think* it's his teeth because he seems to want to eat, but he can't. If their teeth grow too long, they aren't able to eat. In the meantime, I have been syringe feeding him this stuff called critical care, which is super gross and messy, but it's helping him. Seeing the vet this afternoon.

He's a sweet little guy and I feel terrible because he is like half his size now. Compared to his brother, he looks like a baby pig.
Poor little dude. Fingers crossed a solution can be found and he can be back to making lots of jellybeans.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:

Sorry to hear that JennyB, hope the vet has some good news for your family.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:

Fingers crossed and good vibes sent. Poor little guy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thanks, guys!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »