Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Pets.

Post by JennyB »

All of you are likely on the edge of your seats about this, but I am getting a new betta today. I think I will name him Nandor the Relentless. Because he will not relent.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2023, 10:03am
All of you are likely on the edge of your seats about this, but I am getting a new betta today. I think I will name him Nandor the Relentless. Because he will not relent.
No one ever picks Colin Robinson.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2023, 10:21am
JennyB wrote:
You know, depending on his personality, I may have to go with that one.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 May 2023, 10:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2023, 10:21am
JennyB wrote:
You know, depending on his personality, I may have to go with that one.
But pronounced as Nandor would.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Be sure to post pics on IG.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
16 May 2023, 10:33am
JennyB wrote:
Was there any worry about that? :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
16 May 2023, 10:33am
JennyB wrote:
Ooooooh!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Do your cats get all lovey-dovey after coming from the vet? Mine do, Lic in particular. Not sure why.

Not pet related: I have a bird bath right outside my front door and currently there are close to ten gold finches coming to hang out in it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
17 May 2023, 3:41pm
Do your cats get all lovey-dovey after coming from the vet? Mine do, Lic in particular. Not sure why.
Complete opposite. The girls rightly identify us as the source of their recent trauma and shun us for many hours. Luke … Luke just rolls with life. As long as he isn't being yelled at for stalking/ambushing one of his sisters, he's doing fine.
Not pet related: I have a bird bath right outside my front door and currently there are close to ten gold finches coming to hang out in it.
That's amazing that they cluster like that. We have insufficient interesting looking birds at our baths. Mostly robins, the occasional blue jay or cardinal. Squirrels enjoy them, too, when it's hot.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2023, 4:01pm
Mimi wrote:
Complete opposite. The girls rightly identify us as the source of their recent trauma and shun us for many hours. Luke … Luke just rolls with life. As long as he isn't being yelled at for stalking/ambushing one of his sisters, he's doing fine.

I always expected her to be that way too considering she's not a people person.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
17 May 2023, 4:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2023, 4:01pm
Mimi wrote:

I always expected her to be that way too considering she's not a people person.
You've got weird cats if they're expressing gratitude for being liberated.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:

Our 3 cats go in to hiding mode before and after a trip to the vet. I've tried explaining it to them, but it must get lost in the translation.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

So I'm sitting in the chair, gettin' muh hurr cut, and Best Friend from Queen comes on, and it's loud so I can't block it out, and I'm ready to bawl my eyes out because it's the first song I heard on the radio right after I buried my dog. 17 years and it still hurts.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Mimi wrote:
22 May 2023, 10:15am
So I'm sitting in the chair, gettin' muh hurr cut, and Best Friend from Queen comes on, and it's loud so I can't block it out, and I'm ready to bawl my eyes out because it's the first song I heard on the radio right after I buried my dog. 17 years and it still hurts.
Sorry, mate. Real love leaves a hole when the one goes.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 May 2023, 10:15am
Ugh, I know how you feel and am so sorry it still has the effect. When we let Dickens go, I heard Eels' "Last Stop: This Town," a song about Mark Everett losing his sister—great timing on that, huh?—and whenever I hear it I think of Dickens at the end, rather than him at his best. It's become a very skippable song, unfortunately.