Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Pets.

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 2:01pm
So, we're thinking about getting a dog. We've got our eye on a handsome 3-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier from a local rescue group, but still waiting to be approved to meet (and then potentially adopt him). The waiting is tough. We've been talking about it for awhile, but talks have heated up in the past few days we've really fallen for the big lug. I hope it works out, but if not - we know there is another great dog waiting to join our family.
If you know who doesnt get to it first...

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 2:09pm
WestwayKid wrote:
So, we're thinking about getting a dog. We've got our eye on a handsome 3-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier from a local rescue group, but still waiting to be approved to meet (and then potentially adopt him). The waiting is tough. We've been talking about it for awhile, but talks have heated up in the past few days we've really fallen for the big lug. I hope it works out, but if not - we know there is another great dog waiting to join our family.
If you know who doesnt get to it first...
He's three, so not a puppy. He's out of danger!

Fingers crossed, WWK. He sounds awesome.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
Aw, I hope it works out with this one.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Cool! I know you're probably tempted to name him after me, and I'm touched, but please don't feel obliged. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 2:40pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Cool! I know you're probably tempted to name him after me, and I'm touched, but please don't feel obliged. :shifty:
You left yourself hanging out in the breeze with this one.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 2:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I just believe in good manners and appreciating all honours, even the hypothetical. :twitch:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I just believe in good manners and appreciating all honours, even the hypothetical. :twitch:
Well that describes me to a T. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 3:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Well that describes me to a T. :shifty:
Vermont's more Canadian than American these days, so that explains it.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
Good for you, we too believe in adopting from shelters / rescues and the like. All pets deserve a good, loving home, they didn't ask to be dumped in the shelter.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

It sounds like we're a go. We're meeting him Sunday night and if we like him and he likes us - we'll get to bring him home with us that night!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 7:14pm
It sounds like we're a go. We're meeting him Sunday night and if we like him and he likes us - we'll get to bring him home with us that night!!
Fingers crossed, keep the updates coming.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Pictures of Selig (suggested name) are expected!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
YESSSSSSSSS
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Spike_2.jpg
Meet Zeus (my daughter named him). His middle name is Willie, to honor his Texas roots.

He's a fantastic dog: mild mannered, sweet. He's great on a leash. Doesn't bark very much. He's met 2 of our 3 cats. There is a mutual disinterest, which is good. Our 3rd cat is a bit more skittish. Our original plan was to keep them separated: cats in the kitchen/basement, but one of them pushed open the door today and got out, so I'm leaving them out while I'm at home.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 May 2022, 10:28am
Spike_2.jpg

Meet Zeus (my daughter named him). His middle name is Willie, to honor his Texas roots.

He's a fantastic dog: mild mannered, sweet. He's great on a leash. Doesn't bark very much. He's met 2 of our 3 cats. There is a mutual disinterest, which is good. Our 3rd cat is a bit more skittish. Our original plan was to keep them separated: cats in the kitchen/basement, but one of them pushed open the door today and got out, so I'm leaving them out while I'm at home.
I love him.
Got a Rake? Sure!