Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 8:04pm
The two months between when our girl Pagan died and we adopted Charlotte and Zoë were interminably long. I can't imagine a home without furry little fuckers underfoot.
My dog died in 2006. I still weep. But, yeah, not having furkids is not an option.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 8:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The two months between when our girl Pagan died and we adopted Charlotte and Zoë were interminably long. I can't imagine a home without furry little fuckers underfoot.
My dog died in 2006. I still weep. But, yeah, not having furkids is not an option.
I hear ya, Meemz. I'm still not over losing the guy to the left.

It's our one year anniversary of taking home our betta. I know they're just small, stupid fish. But look at how much he's changed from the day we got him. This is what moving from a cold cup to a heated, filtered five gallon tank can do.
Attachments
Fin.jpg
Fin.jpg (29.14 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 11:22am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's our one year anniversary of taking home our betta. I know they're just small, stupid fish. But look at how much he's changed from the day we got him. This is what moving from a cold cup to a heated, filtered five gallon tank can do.
:kiss:

The man wants a fish tank so badly. He's been talking about for close to 20 yrs. lol

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 12:21pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The man wants a fish tank so badly. He's been talking about for close to 20 yrs. lol
Meanwhile, birthday after birthday, you're getting him neckties, socks, and Ken Burns documentaries.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's really a great hobby. I'm not a fan of them as decor, so it's in our office. You can have a lot of fun with them. I especially love bettas - they live up to five years and they are so pretty. Downside is that they have to be the only betta. However, if you have a large enough tank (20 gallons +), you can add other types of fish. In the five gallon, I have a nerite snail as his companion.

TL;DR I know way too much about goddamn bettas. Hamsters, too.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 12:41pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Meanwhile, birthday after birthday, you're getting him neckties, socks, and Ken Burns documentaries.
Have you been talking to him? :shifty:

Actually, I'd like to have one too...for the cats. They'd love it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 1:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That's the main reason I'd get a fish tank—for the cats. Fish can be attractive and all that, but they're not interactive enough for me.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 2:05pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:

That's the main reason I'd get a fish tank—for the cats. Fish can be attractive and all that, but they're not interactive enough for me.
Our dog loves to look at the fish tank and, on occasion, bark at Finny.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 2:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 2:05pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Our dog loves to look at the fish tank and, on occasion, bark at Finny.
The best we have is my steady feeding of the neighbourhood squirrels means they're always around, happy to mock the cats.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

We have a betta. My son got one of those hydroponic garden fish tank setups and we decided to put a betta in it. It's a tough fish because we tend to neglect cleaning the tank and so on. I'm actually thinking about upgrading his surroundings a bit: slightly bigger tank, better filter. I've never been a fish person, but he's grown on me.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 4:20pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

We have a betta. My son got one of those hydroponic garden fish tank setups and we decided to put a betta in it. It's a tough fish because we tend to neglect cleaning the tank and so on. I'm actually thinking about upgrading his surroundings a bit: slightly bigger tank, better filter. I've never been a fish person, but he's grown on me.
Isn’t upgrading his surroundings getting him a new shipwreck or treasure chest to swim around?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 5:05pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Isn’t upgrading his surroundings getting him a new shipwreck or treasure chest to swim around?
He has zero surroundings right now.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 5:20pm
101Walterton wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 5:05pm
WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

He has zero surroundings right now.
He won’t remember.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's amazing how that happens, isn't it?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We're dipping in and out of the Kitten Bowl. The Boss is worried that a fourth cat might emerge from this (I mean, Luke could use someone closer to his age …).