Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 May 2022, 10:28am
Spike_2.jpg

Meet Zeus (my daughter named him). His middle name is Willie, to honor his Texas roots.

He's a fantastic dog: mild mannered, sweet. He's great on a leash. Doesn't bark very much. He's met 2 of our 3 cats. There is a mutual disinterest, which is good. Our 3rd cat is a bit more skittish. Our original plan was to keep them separated: cats in the kitchen/basement, but one of them pushed open the door today and got out, so I'm leaving them out while I'm at home.
I literally just gasped when I saw that face. What a cutie.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Spike_2.jpg

Meet Zeus (my daughter named him). His middle name is Willie, to honor his Texas roots.

He's a fantastic dog: mild mannered, sweet. He's great on a leash. Doesn't bark very much. He's met 2 of our 3 cats. There is a mutual disinterest, which is good. Our 3rd cat is a bit more skittish. Our original plan was to keep them separated: cats in the kitchen/basement, but one of them pushed open the door today and got out, so I'm leaving them out while I'm at home.
What a sweet face. So many lives immediately made better!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
Spike_2.jpg

Congratulations WWKid!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
Spike_2.jpg

So good to see he survived Adele's puppy mills.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Or maybe Adele ate them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
07 May 2022, 10:05am

Or maybe Adele ate them.
This is a clear case of misdirection by a certain someone's PR team.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Family Circus: Hey, humans, you're a bunch of assholes!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 7:46am
Let's drop them off at that farm we pass on route 22. Cats can fend for themselves.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sad but true. :cry:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Isn't that the whole point of that comic?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2022, 9:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There's also lots of creepy Christian stuff, which, if you buy Original Sin, still fits.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 9:15am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
There's also lots of creepy Christian stuff, which, if you buy Original Sin, still fits.
https://aminoapps.com/c/horror/page/blo ... nkpLPx0XKk

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2022, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Back in the 90s, when I first found the internet, I regularly checked a site called Dysfunctional Family Circus, where people replaced the captions with all kind of transgressive material. A fair amount was lazy incest jokes, but the better stuff ripped at the smug Rockwellian Christianity that grounded the cartoons.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 12:18pm
revbob wrote:
08 May 2022, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Back in the 90s, when I first found the internet, I regularly checked a site called Dysfunctional Family Circus, where people replaced the captions with all kind of transgressive material. A fair amount was lazy incest jokes, but the better stuff ripped at the smug Rockwellian Christianity that grounded the cartoons.
As a kid there was a family in town that we used to call the Famly Circus. The parents both looked like the cartoon strip parents and they had a handful of kids, the youngest was JP or PJ cant recall. There was another we used to call the Waltons. They had 7 or 8 kids and lived out in the woods a bit. A serious church going family that were always getting dressed up for church and their clothes were all a little old fashioned. By the time I was in high school the whole thing turned on its head and the parents split and the mother took up smoking and frequenting the bar at theocal restaurant a friend worked at. She was always trying to pick up much younger dudes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2022, 12:48pm
As a kid there was a family in town that we used to call the Famly Circus. The parents both looked like the cartoon strip parents and they had a handful of kids, the youngest was JP or PJ cant recall. There was another we used to call the Waltons. They had 7 or 8 kids and lived out in the woods a bit. A serious church going family that were always getting dressed up for church and their clothes were all a little old fashioned. By the time I was in high school the whole thing turned on its head and the parents split and the mother took up smoking and frequenting the bar at theocal restaurant a friend worked at. She was always trying to pick up much younger dudes.
I remember a few of those families from my hometown. Not super religious—back then, right-wing Christianity hadn't yet afflicted where I grew up, not in a significant numbers, anyway—but trashy and numerous. One in particular, the Armsteads, got the Dagwood rename of Bumstead. They were basically a family of fuck-ups, where dumb shit would just happen to one kid or another constantly. I remember one of the kids died young, maybe sixteen or seventeen, and in the family's obituary in the local paper, they described her as someone who could be happy with a pack of smokes and a six of beer. I kind of wince thinking about it, that that's the image they wanted people to take of their daughter and sister. It was doubtless sincere and kind, but trashy all the same.