Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Pets.

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 11:16pm
Cute kitty! Here is our Buddy descending the stairs for the first time in our new place.
What a beauty!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I love both cats!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Cute kitty! Here is our Buddy descending the stairs for the first time in our new place.
Looks like Buddy is getting comfortable with the stairs in the new place. Is this his first home with stairs?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 6:05pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Looks like Buddy is getting comfortable with the stairs in the new place. Is this his first home with stairs?
When we adopted our girls and they were, I dunno, about a year old, they were daredevils on the stairs, which ran up three floors. We were out of town and had some friends catsit, and they were terrified by their acrobatics on the stairs, risking a two-story fall. Similarly, when they had their baby incubators removed, the vet told us to keep them from climbing so that they wouldn't rip their stitches. It was a damned stressful week for me because they wouldn't refrain from doing all the kitten stuff. Somehow we all survived.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 8:13pm
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
When we adopted our girls and they were, I dunno, about a year old, they were daredevils on the stairs, which ran up three floors. We were out of town and had some friends catsit, and they were terrified by their acrobatics on the stairs, risking a two-story fall. Similarly, when they had their baby incubators removed, the vet told us to keep them from climbing so that they wouldn't rip their stitches. It was a damned stressful week for me because they wouldn't refrain from doing all the kitten stuff. Somehow we all survived.
We have a split level with an 8 foot drop off on this left and she loves it there.
5D5BDA4A-002C-40C4-AB97-3FBDB980A0A3.jpeg
EDIT: SHE DOESN’T FLOAT SIDEWAYS.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Our last place had stairs, I adopted 2 kittens from the local Humane Society shelter and it took them a few days to get up the nerve to go upstairs. Then they became like yours, they'd squeeze between the railings and leap to the living room.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Wolter wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 8:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We have a split level with an 8 foot drop off on this left and she loves it there. 5D5BDA4A-002C-40C4-AB97-3FBDB980A0A3.jpeg

Perfect cat perch. We have a pony wall between our entry and the living room, tried to keep the cats off of it but it's futile. They just seem to be drawn to the wall so they can overlook both rooms.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We have a split level with an 8 foot drop off on this left and she loves it there. 5D5BDA4A-002C-40C4-AB97-3FBDB980A0A3.jpeg

Yup. Cats love height. We have several cat structures in the house, and the spot at the top is always the most desireable. Charlotte normally has it, but occasionally Luke claims it and C is beside herself when it happens. Not that she's bold enough to take him on, mind you.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 8:20pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Yup. Cats love height. We have several cat structures in the house, and the spot at the top is always the most desireable. Charlotte normally has it, but occasionally Luke claims it and C is beside herself when it happens. Not that she's bold enough to take him on, mind you.
Ahh yes, we too have the "King (or Queen) of the hill competitions" with our cat towers. Just something about being on top and looking down upon the others I suppose.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 8:25pm
Ahh yes, we too have the "King (or Queen) of the hill competitions" with our cat towers. Just something about being on top and looking down upon the others I suppose.
It's safety when sleeping—I assume that's the hardwiring activating it. Plus the one tower has a hammock that they love. Luke's okay with a second hammock a little lower, but neither of the girls will touch it. He also likes the hammock on the other cat structure, even tho it's meant for kittens. He'll still squeeze in, even if a leg has to hang out. The little bastards have no idea how much effort we've put in to make them happy. I even put padded ledges on both doors, with collapsible hinges, so that they can sit and sleep by the door windows.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Yes, It took two full days for him to go for it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 10:14pm
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Yes, It took two full days for him to go for it.
Soon he'll be gleefully tearing up and down the stairs aimed at your feet, veering at the last second to see whether he can topple the giant. It's thanks to cats that I use a handrail on a staircase when I can.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

WHY NOT.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

A belated congrats on your new fur ball (other than my fb joke).

Do you still have any dogs? If so, how's the cohabitation going?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 9:54am
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

WHY NOT.
SHE’S LAZY.