Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:00pm
I'm starting to feel badly for getting angry with the vet's office, but Butters has had an ongoing nasal discharge that isn't an infection but has responded to antibiotics in the past, usually when he needed them for something else. I've called and left several messages to see if the doc would prescribe something. No response. So this morning I got a little upset with someone who didn't deserve it because he's now having nose bleeds. The doc doesn't think this is worrisome but I do. I had the front desk schedule an appointment with a different doc, one who was very thorough with him during an emergency visit. I have no problem apologizing to the front desk person, but I think I've had it with this doc. I can't switch vets because frankly they're the only good ones in the area. I do have some leftover antibiotics and might just give him a bit to see if it helps.
Ugh. Very sorry to read this. There are multiple vets at the clinic? Your concerns flat out shouldn't be dismissed. Zoë has a note in her file about being aggressive because of her reaction to one vet at the clinic we go to. She's been fine with everyone every time except this one vet who was, in our view, aggressive with her and Z responded in kind. We've made sure one of the others examine her since and there have been no problems. The attitude of the vet fucking matters.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The scale can only be asshole to psychopath. Our cats are all basically sweet and non-aggressive, but still, they're assholes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:14pm
The scale can only be asshole to psychopath. Our cats are all basically sweet and non-aggressive, but still, they're assholes.
I love cats.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:14pm
I love cats.
I adore cats. I love dogs, but I adore cats. There's a fuck-you sincerity there. There's also that wonderful curiosity of a cuddly, purring exceptional killing machine.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:13pm
Mimi wrote:
I'm starting to feel badly for getting angry with the vet's office, but Butters has had an ongoing nasal discharge that isn't an infection but has responded to antibiotics in the past, usually when he needed them for something else. I've called and left several messages to see if the doc would prescribe something. No response. So this morning I got a little upset with someone who didn't deserve it because he's now having nose bleeds. The doc doesn't think this is worrisome but I do. I had the front desk schedule an appointment with a different doc, one who was very thorough with him during an emergency visit. I have no problem apologizing to the front desk person, but I think I've had it with this doc. I can't switch vets because frankly they're the only good ones in the area. I do have some leftover antibiotics and might just give him a bit to see if it helps.
Ugh. Very sorry to read this. There are multiple vets at the clinic? Your concerns flat out shouldn't be dismissed. Zoë has a note in her file about being aggressive because of her reaction to one vet at the clinic we go to. She's been fine with everyone every time except this one vet who was, in our view, aggressive with her and Z responded in kind. We've made sure one of the others examine her since and there have been no problems. The attitude of the vet fucking matters.
I think there are 4 docs there. Two of them own it and there are two more. The one I see has always kind of brushed Butters off and I've let it slide because he never really has any issues and nkw that he does, she's blowing me off. I've been thinking about and I realize I've always had something nagging me about her. She's fine with Licorice though, that's what's weird.

I like Zoe's style. Heh

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Good gawd, I hate typing on a phone

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
Sorry to hear about your cat, keep us posted after his vet visit. I too would be looking to find a new vet, hopefully the one you have the appointment set with is a cat person.
Good for you for being able to admit an apology may be in order, bad on the 1st vet for not getting back to you. Your frustration is completely warranted.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think there are 4 docs there. Two of them own it and there are two more. The one I see has always kind of brushed Butters off and I've let it slide because he never really has any issues and nkw that he does, she's blowing me off. I've been thinking about and I realize I've always had something nagging me about her. She's fine with Licorice though, that's what's weird.

I like Zoe's style. Heh
Definitely ask the person at the desk to pick a different doctor for you. If you don't trust the one who has been treating Butters, that's sufficient.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:51pm
Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I like Zoe's style. Heh
Definitely ask the person at the desk to pick a different doctor for you. If you don't trust the one who has been treating Butters, that's sufficient.
It is. I'm switching both of them to a different doc until I can find a better vet. I still feel guilty for snapping at the front desk girl, but I don't feel badly for wanting to change doctors.

Would you give your cat antibiotics that was once prescribed for them? They're still good.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 8:41pm
Mimi wrote:
Sorry to hear about your cat, keep us posted after his vet visit. I too would be looking to find a new vet, hopefully the one you have the appointment set with is a cat person.
Good for you for being able to admit an apology may be in order, bad on the 1st vet for not getting back to you. Your frustration is completely warranted.
Thanks. I needed to hear that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 9:03pm
It is. I'm switching both of them to a different doc until I can find a better vet. I still feel guilty for snapping at the front desk girl, but I don't feel badly for wanting to change doctors.
Yeah, I'd feel bad for taking it out on the receptionist. They're the face of the clinic, so to speak, but they aren't the substance.
Would you give your cat antibiotics that was once prescribed for them? They're still good.
Me? Only out of desperation. But I'm *really* cautious. There's no harm to antibiotics in a healthy creature, as far as I know, but I'm reluctant to apply medication without an expert's say-so. But I would never hold myself up as the model of sensible behaviour for, like, anything.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 9:19pm
Mimi wrote:
Yeah, I'd feel bad for taking it out on the receptionist. They're the face of the clinic, so to speak, but they aren't the substance.
Me? Only out of desperation. But I'm *really* cautious. There's no harm to antibiotics in a healthy creature, as far as I know, but I'm reluctant to apply medication without an expert's say-so. But I would never hold myself up as the model of sensible behaviour for, like, anything.
I'm cautious about it too, but right now, I'm desperate and the vet is ghosting me. I'm still pissed.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 9:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I'm cautious about it too, but right now, I'm desperate and the vet is ghosting me. I'm still pissed.
Im sure the front desk people will be ok if you apologize. Im thinking you're not the only one to get frustrated with the vet in question.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 9:58pm
Mimi wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 9:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Im sure the front desk people will be ok if you apologize. Im thinking you're not the only one to get frustrated with the vet in question.
I'll call tomorrow.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

[quote=Mimi post_id=633362 user_id=58]I'm cautious about it too, but right now, I'm desperate and the vet is ghosting me. I'm still pissed.[/quote]

I guess I’d reassess in the morning. If Butters’ nose isn’t better and you haven’t gotten anywhere with the clinic, giving him a low dose of antibiotics is a reasonable next step, then seeing if that changes things. The other option is finding another clinic and asserting that it’s an emergency.