Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 11:00am
Hey all - if you could send some good vibes our way, I'd appreciate it. One of VH, Jr.'s guinea pigs hasn't been eating for over a week. I *think* it's his teeth because he seems to want to eat, but he can't. If their teeth grow too long, they aren't able to eat. In the meantime, I have been syringe feeding him this stuff called critical care, which is super gross and messy, but it's helping him. Seeing the vet this afternoon.

He's a sweet little guy and I feel terrible because he is like half his size now. Compared to his brother, he looks like a baby pig.
It's always scary when they stop eating. Crossing fingers it's something simple

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Update on Bugsy. Unfortunately, he passed away last night. We took him to the vet and they conformed that it was his teeth - hos back teeth were overgrown and pinching into his tongue. So the choice was surgery or putting him down. Of course I chose surgery, and he was doing fine up until about 9:00 PM. I was keeping him warm and he was with me. I gave him some pain meds when they told me to, but about five minutes later, he died. I'm not sure if it was a reaction to the meds or just a coincidence. His brother is grieving, I can tell. So we may be getting him a new buddy soon (GPs are pack animals and really shouldn't live alone).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 3:16pm
Update on Bugsy. Unfortunately, he passed away last night. We took him to the vet and they conformed that it was his teeth - hos back teeth were overgrown and pinching into his tongue. So the choice was surgery or putting him down. Of course I chose surgery, and he was doing fine up until about 9:00 PM. I was keeping him warm and he was with me. I gave him some pain meds when they told me to, but about five minutes later, he died. I'm not sure if it was a reaction to the meds or just a coincidence. His brother is grieving, I can tell. So we may be getting him a new buddy soon (GPs are pack animals and really shouldn't live alone).
I'm so sorry Mrs. B. Never easy losing a companion like that.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
So sorry to hear this, please accept my condolences JennyB.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Damn, I'm so sorry. He lived a good life, but never long enough.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
:cry:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thanks, all. :kiss:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I took a small break from editing, left a mostly empty bag of chips on the desk, heard a rustling sound, came back to my office to find Butters with a potato chip bag stuck on his head. He's now grooming himself, thinking it's probably the best his fur ever tasted. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 10:32am
I took a small break from editing, left a mostly empty bag of chips on the desk, heard a rustling sound, came back to my office to find Butters with a potato chip bag stuck on his head. He's now grooming himself, thinking it's probably the best his fur ever tasted. :lol:
The little buggers are such scavengers. Despite regular feeding and not having to expend energy looking for food, they'll still seize any opportunity. Our girl Pagan, when she was no more than a year, hauled off a whole turkey leg, having to walk backwards and pull it because it was pretty much her size.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 11:22am
Mimi wrote:
The little buggers are such scavengers. Despite regular feeding and not having to expend energy looking for food, they'll still seize any opportunity. Our girl Pagan, when she was no more than a year, hauled off a whole turkey leg, having to walk backwards and pull it because it was pretty much her size.
It's always funny when they do shit like that and growl. Kitten growls are the cutest.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 11:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 11:22am
Mimi wrote:
It's always funny when they do shit like that and growl. Kitten growls are the cutest.
It's a pick 'em between adult cats and dogs, depending on your personality, but kittens are way more awesome than puppies.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
Known fact, human food always tastes better to pets. :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
We need pics.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 6:40pm
Mimi wrote:
We need pics.
Oh, I wish. He started crying and yanked it off before I could even think about grabbing my phone.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I believe this...