Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:50am
Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:05am
Has anyone ever had a cat that absolutely hated treats? Licorice won't eat any of them. :meh:
Our 3 are hit and miss on the treats, typical cats. Now that one of them requires a prescription diet, we've kind of phased out the treats to ensure he's not eating something he shouldn't.
Love the video, especially the line about eating the mouse and leaving the head on the bed!
I've kind of phased them out too for the same reason, but I didn't want the other one to suffer because of her so I've been reintroducing them to her. She ain't having it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:43am
Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:12am
Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:05am
Has anyone ever had a cat that absolutely hated treats? Licorice won't eat any of them. :meh:
Always and forever? That's weird. Our cats act like the morons in the treat commercials. Somehow we've fallen into a pattern where if one of us leaves the house for more than, like, 20 minutes, the return is celebrated with treats. The expectation is just there now. If it happens more than twice, the number of treats is only a couple, but if we were to skip it altogether, the look of confused hurt and betrayal would melt anyone's heart.
It seems like for at least ten years now, I don't know. She sniffs them and walks away. She loves cheese though, but since I'm lactose intolerant, it's not like I have it just lying around in the fridge. I wish she were like your cats. Butters is like that. He'll yell at me when he wants something. No soulful eyes just scratchy meow-like cries.
Does Licorice eat dry food of any kind? If so, it just might be a case of experimenting with different flavours. If she's a catnip gal, there are catnip treats that turn ours into turf gang warlords.
No, she has kidney disease so it's all wet, all the time. Now that I think about it, ever since she was diagnosed in 2008, she's turned her nose up at treats. She's also weird about catnip too. I love her, but damn she is high maintenance.
Poor little girl. I wonder if her aversion to dry food/treats is an awareness on some level that she just can't digest it well.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 3:34pm
Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:43am
Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:12am

Always and forever? That's weird. Our cats act like the morons in the treat commercials. Somehow we've fallen into a pattern where if one of us leaves the house for more than, like, 20 minutes, the return is celebrated with treats. The expectation is just there now. If it happens more than twice, the number of treats is only a couple, but if we were to skip it altogether, the look of confused hurt and betrayal would melt anyone's heart.
It seems like for at least ten years now, I don't know. She sniffs them and walks away. She loves cheese though, but since I'm lactose intolerant, it's not like I have it just lying around in the fridge. I wish she were like your cats. Butters is like that. He'll yell at me when he wants something. No soulful eyes just scratchy meow-like cries.
Does Licorice eat dry food of any kind? If so, it just might be a case of experimenting with different flavours. If she's a catnip gal, there are catnip treats that turn ours into turf gang warlords.
No, she has kidney disease so it's all wet, all the time. Now that I think about it, ever since she was diagnosed in 2008, she's turned her nose up at treats. She's also weird about catnip too. I love her, but damn she is high maintenance.
Poor little girl. I wonder if her aversion to dry food/treats is an awareness on some level that she just can't digest it well.
You and I think alike.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Not that anyone really cares, but it's bugging me. Licorice was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2018 not 2008. Ok, I feel better now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 7:42pm
Not that anyone really cares, but it's bugging me. Licorice was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2018 not 2008. Ok, I feel better now.
I read it originally as a typo. :cool:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Up at 4am playing “catch the string” with my 3-legged houseguest Chestnut.

Chestnut1.jpg
Chestnut1.jpg (141.33 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 4:47am

Chestnut1.jpg
Poor old sweetie. Still, even with the missing limb, he's got a good life.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 4:47am

Chestnut1.jpg
That's awesome! It always amazes me how adept animals are at making due with disabilities, such as a missing limb, deafness or being blind. We know of a couple of people who have cats that are blind (kept indoors of course) and they are having fantastic lives. In fact one of them is paired up with a deaf cat, they're best of friends and do everything together.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 6:41am
Poor old sweetie. Still, even with the missing limb, he's got a good life.
Sparky wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 9:05am
That's awesome! It always amazes me how adept animals are at making due with disabilities, such as a missing limb, deafness or being blind. We know of a couple of people who have cats that are blind (kept indoors of course) and they are having fantastic lives. In fact one of them is paired up with a deaf cat, they're best of friends and do everything together.
I think she’s a little over 2 years old. Her owners told me she lost her left front leg to an infection when she was very young, shortly before they adopted her, so I don’t think she’s even aware that anything's missing. Actually gets around pretty much like any other cat. I took about 50 string-chasing photos and that was one of the maybe 3 that wasn’t just a grey blur of cat-tornado.

I was at my friends’ house when they first brought home Carlos (their Chihuahua). The cat was…not pleased. Carlos was just a dumb, overly-friendly puppy, but at their first meeting, Chestnut bounced around the room and up the stairs like a bullet ricocheting off the walls, and then spent the rest of the evening on the top step, pouting and glaring down at us. They get along great now though – they sit side by side begging whenever they catch me eating. I have them both here until Tuesday.

Carlos the dog was also a rescue pet, having just recovered from being hit by a car shortly before they adopted him. He’s fully recovered now – a muscular little guy who handles stairs like a little Mary Lou Retton.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Baby .jpg
My Baby had to leave us after 13 years, out of nowhere she got cancer, she went quick, it was like 2 weeks and she was gone

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

coffeepotman wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 11:06am
Baby .jpgMy Baby had to leave us after 13 years, out of nowhere she got cancer, she went quick, it was like 2 weeks and she was gone
I'm so sorry to read this. We've gone thru slow declines and a quick illness with cats before and neither situation ever prepares us for the hollowness to come. You enriched each other's lives, tho, a blessing even if it didn't last as long as you'd like.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Thank you, she was special

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

coffeepotman wrote:
Baby .jpgMy Baby had to leave us after 13 years, out of nowhere she got cancer, she went quick, it was like 2 weeks and she was gone
I'm so sorry. I had one that went quick like that. It's so confusing.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

so sorry to hear cpm. it's never easy - at least she didn't have a lengthy period of suffering.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

coffeepotman wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss, try to remember all the love she brought in to your life.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung