Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Downloaded and will report back if somehow this isn't bullshit.
https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 0a4e9e6818
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I got a new betta fish today! What should I name him? Topper, Martin (for Martin Gore) or Latke (because he's a big fan of Taxi)?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 2:11pm
I got a new betta fish today! What should I name him? Topper, Martin (for Martin Gore) or Latke (because he's a big fan of Taxi)?
Judd Hirsch would be amusing, but only if the full name is used.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 2:16pm
JennyB wrote:
That is pretty damn funny.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 2:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
As Heston knows, an absurdly long-running CBC series called The Beachcombers—about West Coast log salvagers; no, really—featured an Indigenous character named Jesse. A friend in university named his pet turtle, "Jesse from The Beachcombers." Always thought that was inspired.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 2:29pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
As Heston knows, an absurdly long-running CBC series called The Beachcombers—about West Coast log salvagers; no, really—featured an Indigenous character named Jesse. A friend in university named his pet turtle, "Jesse from The Beachcombers." Always thought that was inspired.
Chortle
Got a Rake? Sure!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Chortle
Trebek is a good fish name.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 12:27am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Chortle
I named him Latke and he already has a theme song to the tune of Alec Eiffel by the Pixies. "Little Latke swims in the fish tank. Little Latke. Little Latke." Here's his picture with his roommate Matzoh Ball. He will be changing colors now that he's in a warm, filtered tank. So I'm excited to see that.
Attachments
Latke.jpg
Latke.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 3259 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 12:44pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Chortle
I named him Latke and he already has a theme song to the tune of Alec Eiffel by the Pixies. "Little Latke swims in the fish tank. Little Latke. Little Latke." Here's his picture with his roommate Matzoh Ball. He will be changing colors now that he's in a warm, filtered tank. So I'm excited to see that.
He's nicely coloured. :cool:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 1:10pm
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Chortle
Thanks! He's a bit patriotic for my taste right now, but we shall see what he ends up looking like.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 1:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Chortle
Thanks! He's a bit patriotic for my taste right now, but we shall see what he ends up looking like.
Pretend that he's coloured like the Dutch flag. They're also a sour-looking people, like him.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 1:49pm
JennyB wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 1:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Pretend that he's coloured like the Dutch flag. They're also a sour-looking people, like him.
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
Hi Jenny. That’s a beautiful little fish. I always feel sorry for those bettas when I see them in small plastic cups at my local fish store. I’m sure he’s happy to have more space. I keep a few fish too, mostly wild-type livebearers. I’ll try to find a photo.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

This is a male redtail splitfin goodeid from the Rio Tamazula in the state of Jalisco, Mexico, about 70 miles inland from the Pacific coast in west-central Mexico. He’s about an inch long and a year and a half old. His name is “Fish Number 4”. He lives in a 20 gallon breeding tank with his brother Larry and several females. They are critically endangered in the wild due mostly to agricultural runoff from nearby sugarcane farms that have silted up the one or two small rocky streams where they exist. I started with five of them and now have about 30 that were born in my tanks.
Attachments
XenotocaLyonsi.jpg
XenotocaLyonsi.jpg (52.98 KiB) Viewed 3212 times