Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Pets.

Post by Wolter »

B82011B4-2476-4AA6-93E5-AFA68DA99E32.jpeg
JennyB wrote:
14 May 2021, 2:25pm
Wolter wrote:
14 May 2021, 11:52am
JennyB wrote:
14 May 2021, 10:42am
Wolter wrote:
13 May 2021, 10:42pm
So we went back out to the rescue for the POSSIBILITY of maybe thinking about, in the case of an absolutely perfect match, getting Charley a playmate, and long story short we’re about to go from zero cats in the beginning of April to three cats next Wednesday when their spays are finished.
Hooray! Can't wait for the pics.b
Unfortunately not until Wed. We didn’t take any and now they’re getting all surgerized and stuff.
That's OK. I can wait.
So the kitten was too small to get spayed yet, so she was spared the indignity of the Shame Cone.

The elegant black and white 7 month old in a state of shame is Aurora. The tabby and white kitten is Chessie.

Charley is furious with us.

I cannot get this to not be sideways on my phone.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

And two more pics.
Attachments
500AE69B-F5E3-4B16-A2E2-9C226C065CAF.jpeg
BCFB4124-8D67-49B6-BA53-B262BA96D01D.jpeg
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

They are super cute, Wolt. Enjoy!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Absolutely adorable. Nothing beats a kitten. A bit surprised that Chessie was considered to young to be spayed based on her size. Our girls were about ten weeks when they were done. We thought that was crazy early, but the vet told us that that's what conventional thinking is now.

Your home is going to be such a glorious asylum once the newcomers and Charley get used to each other. I'm seriously envious.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 3:52pm
Absolutely adorable. Nothing beats a kitten. A bit surprised that Chessie was considered to young to be spayed based on her size. Our girls were about ten weeks when they were done. We thought that was crazy early, but the vet told us that that's what conventional thinking is now.

Your home is going to be such a glorious asylum once the newcomers and Charley get used to each other. I'm seriously envious.
It was a weight thing, apparently. She’s under two pounds, which I guess was this vet’s cutoff point? Anyway, we’re going to fatten her up for a few weeks and check back in. It’s covered by the rescue organization as long as we use their doctor.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Bonus resentful Charley picture.
Attachments
015D25A4-C3B7-43D8-92D8-70644B4BBE01.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
19 May 2021, 4:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 3:52pm

It was a weight thing, apparently. She’s under two pounds, which I guess was this vet’s cutoff point? Anyway, we’re going to fatten her up for a few weeks and check back in. It’s covered by the rescue organization as long as we use their doctor.
Ah, I see. Not like there's a great urgency of getting her fixed (well, broken). As long as it's done before the first heat, it minimizes certain kinds of cancer (plus you're spared the hell of living with a cat in heat).

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Wolter wrote:
19 May 2021, 3:35pm
And two more pics.
Very cute, congratulations on the new additions to your household.
Do you happen to know if they're from the same litter?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Sparky wrote:
19 May 2021, 5:17pm
Wolter wrote:
And two more pics.
No, there’s a several month age difference. But they apparently came from the same Alabama shelter.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Cuuuuuuute.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Wolter wrote:
19 May 2021, 5:28pm
Sparky wrote:
19 May 2021, 5:17pm
Wolter wrote:
And two more pics.
No, there’s a several month age difference. But they apparently came from the same Alabama shelter.
Shelter pets are the best!
We had all three done at once. The two males were bouncing off the furniture after they got "tutored", the female was a little more sedate, I believe her procedure was more invasive. We kept them in separate rooms overnight with one rotating in to our room with us so they wouldn't roughhouse too much with each other. Within a week or so, they were back to their old selves again.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:01pm
We had all three done at once. The two males were bouncing off the furniture after they got "tutored", the female was a little more sedate, I believe her procedure was more invasive. We kept them in separate rooms overnight with one rotating in to our room with us so they wouldn't roughhouse too much with each other. Within a week or so, they were back to their old selves again.
That part was a nightmare. The vet told us to keep them from being too active, especially climbing, in case they'd pull their stitches. Yeah, you try to stop a couple ten-week-old kittens from running and climbing. I was terrified they'd literally kill themselves.

When Luke showed up, we was still sporting a massive sack that made him walk bowlegged. What was gross about his denutterizing was that they didn't sew up the incision. Another one of the new techniques. They explained why it's preferred, but it seemed like a greater chance of infection to me. But it healed up fairly quickly.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:31pm
Sparky wrote:
That part was a nightmare. The vet told us to keep them from being too active, especially climbing, in case they'd pull their stitches. Yeah, you try to stop a couple ten-week-old kittens from running and climbing. I was terrified they'd literally kill themselves.

When Luke showed up, we was still sporting a massive sack that made him walk bowlegged. What was gross about his denutterizing was that they didn't sew up the incision. Another one of the new techniques. They explained why it's preferred, but it seemed like a greater chance of infection to me. But it healed up fairly quickly.
Hurt feelings about "the cone" persist to this day in our house!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

No cones have ever graced our kitties' necks. God that must be maddening to them with their instinctive need to clean themselves constantly.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:39pm
Sparky wrote:
19 May 2021, 6:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

No cones have ever graced our kitties' necks. God that must be maddening to them with their instinctive need to clean themselves constantly.
Watching Aurora try to scratch behind her ear is heartbreaking,.