Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Pets.

Post by WestwayKid »

He definitely seems to have rebounded. He looked pretty dire yesterday morning, but he perked back up and was an engaged family member last night and this morning. He's basically reverted back to his normal "old man" state. I'll keep an eye on him - and I know he probably doesn't have a ton of time left - but I hope this was just a little something he got over. Still mulling over taking him in for blood work. I think I'll make an appointment for next week. It feels important, but not urgent.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 10:07am
He definitely seems to have rebounded. He looked pretty dire yesterday morning, but he perked back up and was an engaged family member last night and this morning. He's basically reverted back to his normal "old man" state. I'll keep an eye on him - and I know he probably doesn't have a ton of time left - but I hope this was just a little something he got over. Still mulling over taking him in for blood work. I think I'll make an appointment for next week. It feels important, but not urgent.
Maybe he was annoyed that People's Court was a rerun. That kind of stuff puts old guys in a shitty mood.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 10:27am
WestwayKid wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 10:07am
Maybe he was annoyed that People's Court was a rerun. That kind of stuff puts old guys in a shitty mood.
I'm still thankful they brought back Doug Llewelyn! :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Not pets or anything, but I found three baby bunnies in my yard. One of them hid under the flowers and bushes to the right of the porch. I thought for sure it was dead because it didn't move, blink, or even look like it was breathing. I worried but decided to stay out of it and let nature do its thing. This morning, the bun-bun was still there but tucked under the leaves of a plant. It was chilly last night. I still worried. I went out this morning and came back to find the bunny gone. I wanted so desperately to interfere and scoop this thing up, but I'm glad I didn't. Live long and prosper, little bun.

ETA: Two of them are still there, hunkering down under the hosta like plants. I hope they come out to eat. :cry:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Everyone, please think good thoughts for my son's (let's face it, my) hamster, Teddy. He's had some diarrhea for the past couple of days, which can be a sign of wet tail. Wet tail is bad news. He's also bloated now. He's only a year and a half, but hamsters only live for two years on average. Anyway, we have a vet appointment on Friday. I just hope he's comfortable and not in pain. He's the sweetest little guy and VH, Jr. (and I) will be devastated.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 11:02am
Everyone, please think good thoughts for my son's (let's face it, my) hamster, Teddy. He's had some diarrhea for the past couple of days, which can be a sign of wet tail. Wet tail is bad news. He's also bloated now. He's only a year and a half, but hamsters only live for two years on average. Anyway, we have a vet appointment on Friday. I just hope he's comfortable and not in pain. He's the sweetest little guy and VH, Jr. (and I) will be devastated.
I've had a couple of hamsters over the years and yes sadly they do not live for long. I sincerely hope Teddy can pull through. All the best JB.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
So sorry to read this. Fingers crossed that he can be successfully treated or it's a temporary malady, and that he's back running that wheel like a crazy rodent.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
Sorry Jenny and fam, fingers crossed he pulls through. I've had a few hamsters and they're fun and adorable critters.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thanks all. He really has been a great little pet.
Got a Rake? Sure!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

JennyB wrote:
Keeping everything crossed for you. They're adorable little things and it's heartbreaking going through this no matter what pet it is. So sorry Jenny.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BitterTom wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 4:07pm
JennyB wrote:
Keeping everything crossed for you. They're adorable little things and it's heartbreaking going through this no matter what pet it is. So sorry Jenny.
Thank you, Tom. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Good thoughts for Teddy.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 8:00am
Good thoughts for Teddy.
Thanks, Meems.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

We said goodbye to our sweet Teddy last night. He actually had a vet appointment scheduled for this morning, but it was too late. We only had him since June of 2018, but he may have been older than I thought. When I got home from a work event after 8:00 last night and saw that he wasn’t up, I had a feeling he had died. It’s amazing how something so small can make such a positive difference in your life. He was a great little buddy for our whole family. We will miss you Teddy Bear Bernstein.
Attachments
Teddy.JPG
Teddy.JPG (81.99 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

So sorry for you all Jenny. Pets no matter what, are a joy, and to lose them is utterly devastating.