Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Pets.

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
20 Jul 2022, 1:38pm
I believe this...
That was good, going to have to share that with those in my family that have cats.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Please say hello to our new guinea pig, Rocket (named by VH, jr. in honor of his hokey team). I felt guilty getting a new pig so soon after Bugsy's passing, but they really aren't supposed to live alone. After doing tons of research, I discovered that two adult male pigs would likely not bond, so I had to get a baby. Found a rescue about a 90 minute drive from here. Theodore looks like a mastodon compared to Rocket and he is exhibiting a lot of dominating behaviors, but they haven't been fighting at all, so it's apparently normal. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Attachments
Rocket.jpg
Rocket.jpg (27.22 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 12:31pm
Please say hello to our new guinea pig, Rocket (named by VH, jr. in honor of his hokey team). I felt guilty getting a new pig so soon after Bugsy's passing, but they really aren't supposed to live alone. After doing tons of research, I discovered that two adult male pigs would likely not bond, so I had to get a baby. Found a rescue about a 90 minute drive from here. Theodore looks like a mastodon compared to Rocket and he is exhibiting a lot of dominating behaviors, but they haven't been fighting at all, so it's apparently normal. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Congratulations, Rocket, you've found a great home!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
Congrats on the newest edition to your family, hope they continue to play nice together and keep each other company.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of our girls, Zoë, has chin acne. We've been calling her pizza face and zit girl, which confirms the wisdom of us not having actual kids of our own.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 6:02pm
One of our girls, Zoë, has chin acne. We've been calling her pizza face and zit girl, which confirms the wisdom of us not having actual kids of our own.
One of ours has it as well. Our vet suggested we clean it with a cotton ball dampened with hydrogen peroxide. Cat hates it, but it seems to clean things up a bit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
One of ours has it as well. Our vet suggested we clean it with a cotton ball dampened with hydrogen peroxide. Cat hates it, but it seems to clean things up a bit.
I ordered some special medicated cleaning pads. Maybe overkill, but we spend stupidly on them.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 9:31pm
Sparky wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I ordered some special medicated cleaning pads. Maybe overkill, but we spend stupidly on them.
I get it, they're a part of our family, so we do the same.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Poor Zoe. She is going to write a screenplay about this one day and you are going to be looked at as one of history's greatest monsters. But then it will come out that Zoe stole the idea for the screenplay from another cat and you will be vindicated. But not before selling all of your worldly possessions and moving to a remote island in the South Pacific. Never to be heard from again.

For sale: Kitty litter. Never used.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 2:48pm
JennyB wrote:
Congratulations, Rocket, you've found a great home!
Thanks! He is living up to his name - he is super fast.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 4:11pm
JennyB wrote:
Congrats on the newest edition to your family, hope they continue to play nice together and keep each other company.
Thank you! So far, so good.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 10:42am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Poor Zoe. She is going to write a screenplay about this one day and you are going to be looked at as one of history's greatest monsters. But then it will come out that Zoe stole the idea for the screenplay from another cat and you will be vindicated. But not before selling all of your worldly possessions and moving to a remote island in the South Pacific. Never to be heard from again.

:lol: Total perfection.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 10:59am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Doc is my muse.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 11:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Doc is my muse.
The Hemingway modification was superb.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 11:51am
JennyB wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 11:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Doc is my muse.
The Hemingway modification was superb.
Jokes about that always work.
Got a Rake? Sure!