Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:02am
revbob wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 10:10am
There's a substance called Nok Out. You'll need to heavily apply it to the affected areas and let it dry out but that shit is pretty good.
My nearby pet store has that in stock, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
JennyB wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 10:31am
She is diabolical. I kind of love her for that.
:naughty: She merits no allies in this!
Other than her millions of fans worldwide
If you're confusing my Charlotte with that beagle-basting monster, we're going to have to step outside!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:29am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
There's a substance called Nok Out. You'll need to heavily apply it to the affected areas and let it dry out but that shit is pretty good.
JennyB wrote:
If you're confusing my Charlotte with that beagle-basting monster, we're going to have to step outside!
I dont know what anything has to do about your cat, it sounds like you're just covering for Adele. You're being an enabler.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyway, back from PetValu, where the clerk confirmed that Nok Out is primo shit.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:51am
Anyway, back from PetValu, where the clerk confirmed that Nok Out is primo shit.
I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I dont know what anything has to do about your cat, it sounds like you're just covering for Adele. You're being an enabler.
And enablers are always in denial of their enabling.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 12:26pm
revbob wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And enablers are always in denial of their enabling.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Can I get your opinion, recognizing that this is still my decision?

So, Butters finished his short round of antibiotics two weeks ago. Since then, my boy has come back. His nose has completely dried up. He's not had any signs of seizure or stumbling or anything. He's eating like a pig. He's not sneezing or if he does it sounds like a soft kitty sneeze instead of someone blasting the pipes. He's playing, running up and down the stairs, and he's beating up his sister again. All of these things he has kind of stopped doing over the last two years since his nose issue started.

I have an appointment with a internist in a few weeks. I'm debating on whether I should keep the appointment since I've seen such a dramatic improvement with all the concerning symptoms gone. What would you do?

I've already decided that if any of his symptoms return, I'll take pictures and/or video to show the new vets so they can see actual evidence of his symptoms since I don't think the other ones believed me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 5:29pm
Can I get your opinion, recognizing that this is still my decision?

So, Butters finished his short round of antibiotics two weeks ago. Since then, my boy has come back. His nose has completely dried up. He's not had any signs of seizure or stumbling or anything. He's eating like a pig. He's not sneezing or if he does it sounds like a soft kitty sneeze instead of someone blasting the pipes. He's playing, running up and down the stairs, and he's beating up his sister again. All of these things he has kind of stopped doing over the last two years since his nose issue started.

I have an appointment with a internist in a few weeks. I'm debating on whether I should keep the appointment since I've seen such a dramatic improvement with all the concerning symptoms gone. What would you do?

I've already decided that if any of his symptoms return, I'll take pictures and/or video to show the new vets so they can see actual evidence of his symptoms since I don't think the other ones believed me.
Stick with the appointment. It adds to his medical file, which is good to have going forward if the problem recurs or something else related. And definitely create your own visual record. A smart vet will appreciate it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Also, the CharlotteCam™ caught her peeing again last night. Here's the interesting thing: She didn't go for the previous spot, which was still covered by pee pads. Instead, she went over to where the rubber-backed cover was folded up, on the side. So my working theory is that that's what she's been going after, for some reason, not the couch per se. It's been washed and put in a closet, so now we wait to see if anything happens again.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:23pm
Also, the CharlotteCam™ caught her peeing again last night. Here's the interesting thing: She didn't go for the previous spot, which was still covered by pee pads. Instead, she went over to where the rubber-backed cover was folded up, on the side. So my working theory is that that's what she's been going after, for some reason, not the couch per se. It's been washed and put in a closet, so now we wait to see if anything happens again.
Is her smell on the cover or is it soft or something?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Her scent shouldn't be there as it's been washed multiple times. Maybe it's the texture or maybe it has its own odour that she doesn't like (just spitballin' here). Of course, if she pees again on the couch without the cover around, that blows that theory out of the water. (The CharlotteCam also caught Zoë coming in an hour later and sniffing at what her sister did, then running away. She's a good girl who knows baad behaviour when she smells it.)

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:35pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Her scent shouldn't be there as it's been washed multiple times. Maybe it's the texture or maybe it has its own odour that she doesn't like (just spitballin' here). Of course, if she pees again on the couch without the cover around, that blows that theory out of the water. (The CharlotteCam also caught Zoë coming in an hour later and sniffing at what her sister did, then running away. She's a good girl who knows baad behaviour when she smells it.)
Have you checked her kidney values lately? When Lic had her kidney issues her pee must have smelt off because Butters went into the litterbox right after and smelled it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:35pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Have you checked her kidney values lately? When Lic had her kidney issues her pee must have smelt off because Butters went into the litterbox right after and smelled it.
No, there's no reason to think there's anything off in terms of her kidneys. She uses the litter box like the others, no issues. And she doesn't pee on the couch if those disposable pee pads are covering things. Z was almost certainly surprised to find pee outside a litter box, and properly understood it to be wrong (that doesn't go there!).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Have you tried the Nok Out yet Doc?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:57pm
Have you tried the Nok Out yet Doc?
Yup, liberally applied to the couch and it seems to have vanquished all past odours. That is, I can't detect anything unusual whatsoever, whereas before there were faint smells of various unusual things. So, yeah, that shit is good.