Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Pets.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 7:13pm
revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:57pm
Have you tried the Nok Out yet Doc?
Yup, liberally applied to the couch and it seems to have vanquished all past odours. That is, I can't detect anything unusual whatsoever, whereas before there were faint smells of various unusual things. So, yeah, that shit is good.
Yeah i used it on the sub floor of my house when tore up the carpets that had dog pee.in spots. Also used it when my kids puked and peed in the backseat of my old car.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:02pm
Mimi wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 5:29pm
Can I get your opinion, recognizing that this is still my decision?

So, Butters finished his short round of antibiotics two weeks ago. Since then, my boy has come back. His nose has completely dried up. He's not had any signs of seizure or stumbling or anything. He's eating like a pig. He's not sneezing or if he does it sounds like a soft kitty sneeze instead of someone blasting the pipes. He's playing, running up and down the stairs, and he's beating up his sister again. All of these things he has kind of stopped doing over the last two years since his nose issue started.

I have an appointment with a internist in a few weeks. I'm debating on whether I should keep the appointment since I've seen such a dramatic improvement with all the concerning symptoms gone. What would you do?

I've already decided that if any of his symptoms return, I'll take pictures and/or video to show the new vets so they can see actual evidence of his symptoms since I don't think the other ones believed me.
Stick with the appointment. It adds to his medical file, which is good to have going forward if the problem recurs or something else related. And definitely create your own visual record. A smart vet will appreciate it.
I will. I mean, I want to get to the bottom of this even if it's just for my own curiosity, but when I see such a dramatic change in his quality of life, I second guess myself. But this cleared up and came back so many times before.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yup, liberally applied to the couch and it seems to have vanquished all past odours. That is, I can't detect anything unusual whatsoever, whereas before there were faint smells of various unusual things. So, yeah, that shit is good.
Yeah i used it on the sub floor of my house when tore up the carpets that had dog pee.in spots. Also used it when my kids puked and peed in the backseat of my old car.
It's definitely better than anything we've tried before. I also followed some general advice I found not to bother with the spray nozzle. Soak the area like it's Adele drowning a puppy.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 7:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:02pm
Mimi wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 5:29pm
Can I get your opinion, recognizing that this is still my decision?

So, Butters finished his short round of antibiotics two weeks ago. Since then, my boy has come back. His nose has completely dried up. He's not had any signs of seizure or stumbling or anything. He's eating like a pig. He's not sneezing or if he does it sounds like a soft kitty sneeze instead of someone blasting the pipes. He's playing, running up and down the stairs, and he's beating up his sister again. All of these things he has kind of stopped doing over the last two years since his nose issue started.

I have an appointment with a internist in a few weeks. I'm debating on whether I should keep the appointment since I've seen such a dramatic improvement with all the concerning symptoms gone. What would you do?

I've already decided that if any of his symptoms return, I'll take pictures and/or video to show the new vets so they can see actual evidence of his symptoms since I don't think the other ones believed me.
Stick with the appointment. It adds to his medical file, which is good to have going forward if the problem recurs or something else related. And definitely create your own visual record. A smart vet will appreciate it.
I will. I mean, I want to get to the bottom of this even if it's just for my own curiosity, but when I see such a dramatic change in his quality of life, I second guess myself. But this cleared up and came back so many times before.
Shit, I omitted my relief that his health has turned around. Amazing that after so long the recovery can be so quick. But that's great that he's his old self, raising hell like he should. :cool:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 7:27pm
revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
It's definitely better than anything we've tried before. I also followed some general advice I found not to bother with the spray nozzle. Soak the area like it's Adele drowning a puppy.
Yeah, she feeds off the fear as well as the flesh.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Screenshot_20220427-193608_Google.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

:lol: We need a betting pool for when Inder gets a letter from a lawyer.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, Charlotte or Adele took a whiz on the disposable pee pads. I say maybe Adele because there was no camera footage, which means it happened when it was in sleep mode. The search for a solution continues.

edit: Depending on how the next few days go, we might just block access to the catio at night. The cam indicates they aren't spending any real time up there anyway at night. Close it off for a few months and see if "memories" fade.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 8:41am
Well, Charlotte or Adele took a whiz on the disposable pee pads. I say maybe Adele because there was no camera footage, which means it happened when it was in sleep mode. The search for a solution continues.
She's a menace.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 9:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 8:41am
She's a menace.
Can we sue everybody who's ever bought one of her records? Seems like a smart lawyer who has an office over a bowling alley would take that case.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2022, 6:23pm
Also, the CharlotteCam™ caught her peeing again last night. Here's the interesting thing: She didn't go for the previous spot, which was still covered by pee pads. Instead, she went over to where the rubber-backed cover was folded up, on the side. So my working theory is that that's what she's been going after, for some reason, not the couch per se. It's been washed and put in a closet, so now we wait to see if anything happens again.
She knows exactly what she's doing. She is onto your Big Brothering her.

Also, Meemz, glad t here Butters is doing well. I love that guy!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Also, the CharlotteCam™ caught her peeing again last night. Here's the interesting thing: She didn't go for the previous spot, which was still covered by pee pads. Instead, she went over to where the rubber-backed cover was folded up, on the side. So my working theory is that that's what she's been going after, for some reason, not the couch per se. It's been washed and put in a closet, so now we wait to see if anything happens again.

Aw, thanks. He's a ham.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What I want now is for an automated voice to come on and say "Charlotte!" when she comes into view.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 10:52am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What I want now is for an automated voice to come on and say "Charlotte!" when she comes into view.
:lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

So, we're thinking about getting a dog. We've got our eye on a handsome 3-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier from a local rescue group, but still waiting to be approved to meet (and then potentially adopt him). The waiting is tough. We've been talking about it for awhile, but talks have heated up in the past few days we've really fallen for the big lug. I hope it works out, but if not - we know there is another great dog waiting to join our family.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble