Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Olaf »

Congrats mate.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:16am
Get out the avocado & toast - your boy's just bought a fucking house.

Years of saving for a deposit, moved 200 miles from my London family & home, saved more, got a loan from my wife's grandparents, saved more, waited 8 months through interminable bullshit that fucked the wife's mental health like nobody's business and boom! We own a terraced house in a small town twenty minutes away from Birmingham. Unimaginable dream for my class and generation, only made possible by huge sacrifice and great good luck of knowing people willing to lend us the eye-watering sum required to reach a deposit. Still, fuck the concept of landlordism, we're the masters of our domain. I viewed one (1) house in February and wasn't going to fall into any traps of constant seeking perfection - I liked it and we made the offer then, Time to buy some leopard print purple wall paper and decorate like a haunted sleazy Vegas bachelor pad meets an Irish cottage with a library. We get the keys on my 32nd birthday in four days.
Fuckin congrats man!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Silent Majority wrote:

Years of saving for a deposit, moved 200 miles from my London family & home, saved more, got a loan from my wife's grandparents, saved more, waited 8 months through interminable bullshit that fucked the wife's mental health like nobody's business and boom! We own a terraced house in a small town twenty minutes away from Birmingham. Unimaginable dream for my class and generation, only made possible by huge sacrifice and great good luck of knowing people willing to lend us the eye-watering sum required to reach a deposit. Still, fuck the concept of landlordism, we're the masters of our domain. I viewed one (1) house in February and wasn't going to fall into any traps of constant seeking perfection - I liked it and we made the offer then, Time to buy some leopard print purple wall paper and decorate like a haunted sleazy Vegas bachelor pad meets an Irish cottage with a library. We get the keys on my 32nd birthday in four days.
Congratulations, looking forward to seeing some pics of the "leopard print purple wall paper"!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Well done to you both. Best of luck with your adventure.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Seriously.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211002-203716_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:

Hot damn! That’s awesome.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Olaf wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 2:41pm
Seriously.
"One 41-year-old German man who received a copy of the letter told the Independent: 'We were quite surprised. I'm sure pay and conditions for HGV drivers have improved, but ultimately I have decided to carry on in my role at an investment bank."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 4:42pm
Olaf wrote:
Seriously.
"One 41-year-old German man who received a copy of the letter told the Independent: 'We were quite surprised. I'm sure pay and conditions for HGV drivers have improved, but ultimately I have decided to carry on in my role at an investment bank."
His descendants will live with the shame of his failure for fifteen generations.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Low Down Low wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Seriously.
There were some people interviewed on TV who responded along the same lines. You know, "I'm quite happy as a teacher at a German school", "I think I'll stick with my job at university" etc. It was simply hilarious.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Silent Majority wrote:

Congrats mate!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Olaf wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 3:11am
Low Down Low wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Seriously.
There were some people interviewed on TV who responded along the same lines. You know, "I'm quite happy as a teacher at a German school", "I think I'll stick with my job at university" etc. It was simply hilarious.
Ah, such delectable schadenfreude. We don't even have a word for that in English, so we have to borrow it from the Germans too ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Honestly the English offer some Germans gainful employment and we're the bad guys. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

To be honest the thought of members of Kraftwerk driving HGV's up the M4 did seem cool.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 8:48am
Honestly the English offer some Germans gainful employment and we're the bad guys. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

To be honest the thought of members of Kraftwerk driving HGV's up the M4 did seem cool.
“Ve haf un delivery vor yü. Vere vould yü like dees elektronik beats?”
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 8:53am
Marky Dread wrote:

:mrgreen:

Dis ees not ze Autobahn.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 9:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 8:53am
Marky Dread wrote:

:mrgreen:

Dis ees not ze Autobahn.
Same difference.
Attachments
R-15159-1438035494-1611.jpeg.jpg
R-15159-1438035494-1611.jpeg.jpg (131.29 KiB) Viewed 1422 times