Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 9:45pm
Sparky wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 9:16pm
revbob wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 8:42pm
Because I said fuck the royal family I got this Screenshot_20211017-204104_Instagram.jpg
Fark or fug may get you past the PC police.
My first warning was for calling Lydon a fat fuck and now this.
I recall you posting about that. They've probably got you on their radar now, so Doc's advice may be the answer. :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Big thanks to Justin for this past election cycle as I can now trot out my low-effort/high-laffs Trudeau Halloween costume.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 2:40pm
Big thanks to Justin for this past election cycle as I can now trot out my low-effort/high-laffs Trudeau Halloween costume.
:lol: So, like, a basic genie costume?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 3:35pm
Inder wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 2:40pm
:lol: So, like, a basic genie costume?
It's that or the White Chicks route.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I didn't know where to put this. Good fucking puppy kickers.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 10:35am

Why didn't any of my uncles give me a $500k gift ? Cheap bastards.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've probably mentioned this story before, but it still irritates the fuck out of me when I recall it. After finishing our MA's, we returned to Saskatoon. The Boss started her PhD and I worked at a shitty bookstore making a toenail more than minimum wage (i.e, as Bruce McCulloch of Kids in the Hall observed, the lowest amount allowed by law). We often had authors come to do signings and the like, and one time it was an asshole Boomer hawking her book about investing and retiring by the time you're 35 or whatever. She oh so sweetly asked me how much I was investing of my paycheque. I said zero—I was wasting it on repaying student loans, paying rent, and buying food. She literally tutted me for my lack of foresight and said that when I was still working at age 65, I would look back and regret not listening to her. I really hope she lost everything in the 2008 meltdown.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 10:40am
Mimi wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 10:35am

Why didn't any of my uncles give me a $500k gift ? Cheap bastards.
Hello,

It upsets me very much when government officials (Republicans, generally) argue for eliminating or raising the exemption for the inheritance tax (currently ~$11 million). Yes, my children will suffer unfairly if they can only inherit $10 million tax free.
Last edited by gkbill on 26 Oct 2021, 2:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

These are the type of people you want running your government. They know your pain, they've been through tough times too and can empathise when they're passing laws for the rich people.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 3:15pm
These are the type of people you want running your government. They know your pain, they've been through tough times too and can empathise when they're passing laws for the rich people.

Let's have a whip round for him. I'm sure we could rustle up a few tins of soup. :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 3:15pm

For the most part, politicians seem so far out of touch with normal people they are supposed to be representing. Small wonder nothing gets done in Washington.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 11:17am
I've probably mentioned this story before, but it still irritates the fuck out of me when I recall it. After finishing our MA's, we returned to Saskatoon. The Boss started her PhD and I worked at a shitty bookstore making a toenail more than minimum wage (i.e, as Bruce McCulloch of Kids in the Hall observed, the lowest amount allowed by law). We often had authors come to do signings and the like, and one time it was an asshole Boomer hawking her book about investing and retiring by the time you're 35 or whatever. She oh so sweetly asked me how much I was investing of my paycheque. I said zero—I was wasting it on repaying student loans, paying rent, and buying food. She literally tutted me for my lack of foresight and said that when I was still working at age 65, I would look back and regret not listening to her. I really hope she lost everything in the 2008 meltdown.
Me too. Fuck her and everyone like her.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

An observation (probably more of a confirmation): I just shaved for the first time in over a week—school's on fall break, so I could lapse into unpresentabilty again—and while I can pull off whole beard/stubble, a moustache alone would fool no one. I mean, I look like a hobo when I let things go, but that's kinda sorta a look I can pull off. But a moustache? People from all demographics would laugh or shriek until they lost consciousness. Just ludicrous looking.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 3:05pm
An observation (probably more of a confirmation): I just shaved for the first time in over a week—school's on fall break, so I could lapse into unpresentabilty again—and while I can pull off whole beard/stubble, a moustache alone would fool no one. I mean, I look like a hobo when I let things go, but that's kinda sorta a look I can pull off. But a moustache? People from all demographics would laugh or shriek until they lost consciousness. Just ludicrous looking.
Shut up hippy!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 3:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 3:05pm
Shut up hippy!
I'm not a hippie; I'm a bum.