Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:52pm
I could have sworn we had a "Take This Job and Shove It" thread but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I found out very suddenly yesterday afternoon that I'm being transferred to another department after 7 years in my current one. On top of this, my manager is being demoted without warning down to my level, and the people that have decided all this haven't discussed any of the logistics about how it's going to actually work. They wanted to make the department reorganization ASAP and not worry about whether it's actually going to be efficient at all. I've gone from being a huge fish in a small pond to being by far the smallest fish in a slightly bigger pond, which is to say, pretty expendable once the next round of layoffs comes up.
If I can offer anything it's this: Went through a big re-org which decimated my department, my manager told me to keep my head high and keep doing the best job I could because whether you're aware of it or not, the even higher ups are always watching to see how folks handle themselves during these situations. Took his advice, he was right. I retained my job, some of my staff that went a little sideways got relocated.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:34pm
deleted due to better judgement
wow, the unquotable tepista
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Sparky wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:08pm
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
lets delete this in case i want to run fro sheriff one day
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:35pm
Sparky wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:08pm
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
lets delete this in case i want to run fro sheriff one day
LOL! Yep, leave no fingerprints. Consider it done, check my post.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Damn I missed it

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
I could have sworn we had a "Take This Job and Shove It" thread but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I found out very suddenly yesterday afternoon that I'm being transferred to another department after 7 years in my current one. On top of this, my manager is being demoted without warning down to my level, and the people that have decided all this haven't discussed any of the logistics about how it's going to actually work. They wanted to make the department reorganization ASAP and not worry about whether it's actually going to be efficient at all. I've gone from being a huge fish in a small pond to being by far the smallest fish in a slightly bigger pond, which is to say, pretty expendable once the next round of layoffs comes up.
Wow. That's some level of fuckery.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:14pm
Kory wrote:
If I can offer anything it's this: Went through a big re-org which decimated my department, my manager told me to keep my head high and keep doing the best job I could because whether you're aware of it or not, the even higher ups are always watching to see how folks handle themselves during these situations. Took his advice, he was right. I retained my job, some of my staff that went a little sideways got relocated.
Yeah, I pride myself a little bit on my adaptability at work (a byproduct of not taking any of it too seriously), and that's gotten me pretty far in the eyes of the upper crust. Hopefully it will continue to do so.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:11pm
Kory wrote:
Shit, that stinks. I suppose knowing what's going to come at some helps a bit with keeping your ear to the ground for a new job (jumping before you're pushed). Or maybe the reorg is a complete bust and they reverse course in a few months.
My now-former manager said the same thing, actually. She mentioned that it felt like a cyclical thing to her based on her experience and that she could see the need for me to rejoin their team again at some point. Nothing to do now but wait and see! I don't have much interest in working for another org unless things got really bad here—the perks are too good and I've made too much of a name for myself as a highly productive sonofabitch.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 7:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:11pm
Kory wrote:
Shit, that stinks. I suppose knowing what's going to come at some helps a bit with keeping your ear to the ground for a new job (jumping before you're pushed). Or maybe the reorg is a complete bust and they reverse course in a few months.
My now-former manager said the same thing, actually. She mentioned that it felt like a cyclical thing to her based on her experience and that she could see the need for me to rejoin their team again at some point. Nothing to do now but wait and see! I don't have much interest in working for another org unless things got really bad here—the perks are too good and I've made too much of a name for myself as a highly productive sonofabitch.
It's a terrible situation and I feel for you, man. Plus I'd probably be like you and wait shit out and hope for the best. Let us know if we need to do a guerilla promo campaign for you, bombing your boss with inquiries about contracting with them but only if we can get what's-his-name, Eddie? Waldo?, to work on our project.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 7:39pm
Sparky wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 6:14pm
Kory wrote:
Yeah, I pride myself a little bit on my adaptability at work (a byproduct of not taking any of it too seriously), and that's gotten me pretty far in the eyes of the upper crust. Hopefully it will continue to do so.
That sucks, Kory. Keeping fingers crossed for you that this isn't too much of a pain in the ass.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Found in the "Berliner Bank- und Handels-Zeitung" from September 1856. :shifty:
Attachments
20220116_103805.jpg
20220116_091954.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 8:08am
If you're suggesting that I'm an immortal or some kind of supernatural creature like a demon sent to prey on human beings, you're … you're … you're, like, way, way off!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 8:54am
Olaf wrote:
If you're suggesting that I'm an immortal or some kind of supernatural creature like a demon sent to prey on human beings, you're … you're … you're, like, way, way off!
I wasn't completely sure, but thanks for the confirmation. :kiss:
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 9:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 8:54am
Olaf wrote:
I wasn't completely sure, but thanks for the confirmation. :kiss:
"Ronove, I've got a possession job for you. You free? Marvelous. I owe you, bud. It's in Bavaria … and it involves racoons."