Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

I was gonna raise a point of some kind about Guiliani and Nosferatu but im perhaps a little drunk and forgot so I leave you with this

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

This administration is ruining everything for me. I can't look at a mushroom the same way. They've ruined Rocket Man for me. Captain Kangaroo. AND NOW THIS?! I love Nosferatu.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 11:41am
Mimi wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 11:31am
I dropped my new mouse on the floor and something came loose on the wheel. It still scrolls, but it doesn't have that clicky feeling anymore, and I'm feeling really lost without it.
Heh. That reminds me of a manuscript I copy-edited about a year ago, about music/sound and automobiles. Technology has made engines efficient enough that they don't produce as much noise, but drivers feel uncomfortable without it, so new cars and trucks artificially create engine noise that's pumped into the interior of the vehicle. Which just seems crazy to me. I'd prefer less noise when I'm in the car, except for revbob's Super Jam Band Killer Mix CD 2019.
I think electric vehicles will also need to produce external fake noise to aid blind people at crossings etc (or anyone around a blind bend) - the only sound is produced by the tyres on the road (or the idiot near me blasting Toby Keith at about 500db.)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

oliver wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 9:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I dropped my new mouse on the floor and something came loose on the wheel. It still scrolls, but it doesn't have that clicky feeling anymore, and I'm feeling really lost without it.
Heh. That reminds me of a manuscript I copy-edited about a year ago, about music/sound and automobiles. Technology has made engines efficient enough that they don't produce as much noise, but drivers feel uncomfortable without it, so new cars and trucks artificially create engine noise that's pumped into the interior of the vehicle. Which just seems crazy to me. I'd prefer less noise when I'm in the car, except for revbob's Super Jam Band Killer Mix CD 2019.
I think electric vehicles will also need to produce external fake noise to aid blind people at crossings etc (or anyone around a blind bend) - the only sound is produced by the tyres on the road (or the idiot near me blasting Toby Keith at about 500db.)
Lucky you!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 9:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
They already do. That was another thing mentioned in that manuscript—artificial external noises for the blind. There was also the case in auto racing, where several years back the organization mandated a switch to better and quieter engines, and fans freaked out because they weren't getting the power noises they expected. So, again, artificial external engine noise was introduced.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 8:13am
This administration is ruining everything for me. I can't look at a mushroom the same way. They've ruined Rocket Man for me. Captain Kangaroo. AND NOW THIS?! I love Nosferatu.
What was the thing with Captain Kangaroo?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 9:58am
Mimi wrote:
They keep saying this whole impeachment thing is a kangaroo court, and some young republican said something stupid about Adam Schiff (I think) being Capt. Kangaroo.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90415015/th ... roo-zinger

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Short version: a dummy thought Kangaroo courts came from Captain Kangaroo.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 10:12am
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Short version: a dummy thought Kangaroo courts came from Captain Kangaroo.
I hate people.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 10:11am
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
They keep saying this whole impeachment thing is a kangaroo court, and some young republican said something stupid about Adam Schiff (I think) being Capt. Kangaroo.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90415015/th ... roo-zinger
I hate people.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I was flipping through the channels last night and saw a modern adaption of Nancy Drew was about to come on. Cool, I thought so innocently. In the first five minutes, we find Nancy in her dorm room humping her longtime love Ned Nickerson. All I kept thinking was that Edward Stratemeyer (creator of Nancy Drew) was probably rolling in his grave.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 10:19am
I was flipping through the channels last night and saw a modern adaption of Nancy Drew was about to come on. Cool, I thought so innocently. In the first five minutes, we find Nancy in her dorm room humping her longtime love Ned Nickerson. All I kept thinking was that Edward Stratemeyer (creator of Nancy Drew) was probably rolling in his grave.
I always thought she was doing the older Hardy boy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 10:35am
Mimi wrote:
I always thought she was doing the older Hardy boy
We can ship it!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Mimi wrote:
I think it's from the producers of Riverdale, which is about teens who act like adults and fuck.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

tepista wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 10:47am
Mimi wrote:
I think it's from the producers of Riverdale, which is about teens who act like adults and fuck.
It was on the CW so I didn't have high expectations, but I was still surprised they went there.