Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 12:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 12:03pm
Flex wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 11:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 11:54am
Surely he's got back-up copies hidden away all over for safe keeping. If floods and fires wipe out civilization, future generations still need to know "Why Can't This Be Love?"
A seemingly endless supply of 7inch single copies of Black and Blue and When It's Love spilling out of the kitchen cupboards at every holiday family meal.
Jen, wearing a 1950s sitcom mom apron, puts her hands to her head, tells Jr. to go to his room, and then looks for a rolling pin to have a talk with VH.
Joke's on you, I don't own a rolling pin or apron!
Weirdly, I have both!
Is that weird though? :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 7:45pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 12:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 12:03pm
Flex wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 11:59am

A seemingly endless supply of 7inch single copies of Black and Blue and When It's Love spilling out of the kitchen cupboards at every holiday family meal.
Jen, wearing a 1950s sitcom mom apron, puts her hands to her head, tells Jr. to go to his room, and then looks for a rolling pin to have a talk with VH.
Joke's on you, I don't own a rolling pin or apron!
Weirdly, I have both!
Is that weird though? :mrgreen:
Touché
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I went all obsessive-dad mode this morning and took a level out when I cleaned and refilled the birdbaths. I decided I wanted them perfectly level. I clearly won the approval of the neighbourhood birds as one immediately flew down when I walked away to rinse off. They appreciate the extra touch.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:22am
I went all obsessive-dad mode this morning and took a level out when I cleaned and refilled the birdbaths. I decided I wanted them perfectly level. I clearly won the approval of the neighbourhood birds as one immediately flew down when I walked away to rinse off. They appreciate the extra touch.
Your neighborhood birds have OCD.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 11:22am
Your neighborhood birds have OCD.
I've done my part to domesticate the fauna of the neighbourhood.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I work in the food industry and cross paths with chefs on a regular basis. I think it's annoying that most want to be called Chef Richard or Chef Jill or Chef Whatever. I get it. You went to culinary school. Yay for you. Can I start calling myself Graphic Designer Chris? Or what about Artist Chris? I think in general that entire profession seems pretentious and maybe it's because I deal with them so often. Rant over.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 2:10pm
I work in the food industry and cross paths with chefs on a regular basis. I think it's annoying that most want to be called Chef Richard or Chef Jill or Chef Whatever. I get it. You went to culinary school. Yay for you. Can I start calling myself Graphic Designer Chris? Or what about Artist Chris? I think in general that entire profession seems pretentious and maybe it's because I deal with them so often. Rant over.
I'm going to start calling myself Developer Cory, even though I'm self-taught.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
What's funny, tho, is that insisting the first name being used, it's indicating something homey and populist. So you get the elitism of the title with the populism of the first name. One or the other, but we all know they want the elite part more.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 2:18pm
WestwayKid wrote:
What's funny, tho, is that insisting the first name being used, it's indicating something homey and populist. So you get the elitism of the title with the populism of the first name. One or the other, but we all know they want the elite part more.
It's like being knighted.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 4:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I've noticed that talking heads always call McCartney "Sir Paul," but Ringo is still Ringo. Demonstrating that it's an idiotic affectation.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 4:46pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I've noticed that talking heads always call McCartney "Sir Paul," but Ringo is still Ringo. Demonstrating that it's an idiotic affectation.
Sirringo has a nice sound to it though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 4:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Gear!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 4:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Gear!
I very rarely watch anything earlier than season 3, but that one is quite a banger.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 4:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 4:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Gear!
I very rarely watch anything earlier than season 3, but that one is quite a banger.
No coincidence that all three episodes with Beatles in them are excellent.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
If I had to guess its probably because McCartney embraces that shit.