Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

Damn, glad you're all ok.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 2:56pm
OK, so no one was hurt, thats the main thing. I was driving my wife was in the passenger seat and her brother in the back. I was driving him to a thing in town, and we were gonna get dinner somewhere, and we live on the outskirts. So a fucking deer came out of nowhere, like you see a million times on TV, but this was real life. Wife and I were both covered in glass, but amazingly the only injury was itty-bitty cuts on both our arms. Deer dead, I'll spare you those photos. I honestly can't believe we aren't dead too, and the the deer didn't come straight through the window and break both our necks. I swear I feel like I cheated death.

OK, here's the funny part. It's like 100 degrees so we're outside sweating, and trying not to move much because we're all covered in tiny glass shards, but we were dropping brother off at a leather fetish event, so he has a mesh shirt shit, leather shorts, knee high boots and a Rob Halford hat, so all the cops and lookie-loos were like WTF is going on here!
You shouldn't have left CA! JK of course, we have deer here. Glad you are all okay. That's some scary shit.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:15pm

You shouldn't have left CA! JK of course, we have deer here. Glad you are all okay. That's some scary shit.
I never saw one! or a bear.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Holy fuck, bad luck to hit a deer, but good luck to still be alive. Stay golden, chimpboy.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:20pm
Holy fuck, bad luck to hit a deer
really? Nothing but good has come from it so far! :shifty:

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Fuck man, it made a right shit of your windshield. Am so sorry for that animal but could have been a whole lot worse from the sounds of it so there's relief too. Stay safe!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, you probably wasted your wish on wanting to stay alive.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:23pm
Fuck man, it made a right shit of your windshield. Am so sorry for that animal but could have been a whole lot worse from the sounds of it so there's relief too. Stay safe!
I never killed anything that significant, I try not to think about it, but to be honest, i've been up for a few nights. :cry:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:24pm
tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, you probably wasted your wish on wanting to stay alive.
You're right, the Angels lost that night. And every night.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 2:56pm
OK, so no one was hurt, thats the main thing. I was driving my wife was in the passenger seat and her brother in the back. I was driving him to a thing in town, and we were gonna get dinner somewhere, and we live on the outskirts. So a fucking deer came out of nowhere, like you see a million times on TV, but this was real life. Wife and I were both covered in glass, but amazingly the only injury was itty-bitty cuts on both our arms. Deer dead, I'll spare you those photos. I honestly can't believe we aren't dead too, and the the deer didn't come straight through the window and break both our necks. I swear I feel like I cheated death.

OK, here's the funny part. It's like 100 degrees so we're outside sweating, and trying not to move much because we're all covered in tiny glass shards, but we were dropping brother off at a leather fetish event, so he has a mesh shirt shit, leather shorts, knee high boots and a Rob Halford hat, so all the cops and lookie-loos were like WTF is going on here!
Glad you're okay.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Worst thing I remember seeing on a highway was on an interstate in Georgia. Semi was jack-knifed in the lanes going opposite us and there was, behind it, chunks of something all over the place. We assumed a deer or something, and then we saw clothing. Found out later that a psychiatric patient had escaped and walked right in front of the semi. Just fucking gruesome.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:25pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I never killed anything that significant, I try not to think about it, but to be honest, i've been up for a few nights. :cry:
I was a country driver in my youth and a serial killer, i know what it feels like. Can't beat yourself up about it, just a horrible accident.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:32pm
Worst thing I remember seeing on a highway was on an interstate in Georgia. Semi was jack-knifed in the lanes going opposite us and there was, behind it, chunks of something all over the place. We assumed a deer or something, and then we saw clothing. Found out later that a psychiatric patient had escaped and walked right in front of the semi. Just fucking gruesome.
deer can wear clothes sometimes. But seriously, can you imagine being the guy the hit him. jeez.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:33pm
tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:25pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I was a country driver in my youth and a serial killer, i know what it feels like. Can't beat yourself up about it, just a horrible accident.
Thanks. My wife and brother-in-law keep telling me I did a great job about it, but I'm a little less enthused.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 3:32pm
deer can wear clothes sometimes. But seriously, can you imagine being the guy the hit him. jeez.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder about that semi driver. Those guys have all seen and heard horrible shit.