Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

My wife just laid into me for like 20 min because I'm "cynical and sarcastic!".

I'd commented on this story
JPMorgan Chase wants to hire more ex felons
https://cnn.com/cnn/videos/business/201 ... n-business

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 8:50pm

I may be biased here, but cynical and sarcastic on this topic indicates a clear mind seeking to stay the same.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 9:00pm
revbob wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 8:50pm

I may be biased here, but cynical and sarcastic on this topic indicates a clear mind seeking to stay the same.
Normally she's ok with my humor but every so often it really sets her off. I had the same effect on my college roommate.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm having to start angling for a promotion that's coming up at work in August and there are several other candidates in the office who'll be going for it. All these years uselessly, obsessively reading political biographies are about to pay the fuck off because I've accidentally made a serious study of how to succeed in these kinds of situations. Power is where power goes, boys.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 3:40am
I'm having to start angling for a promotion that's coming up at work in August and there are several other candidates in the office who'll be going for it. All these years uselessly, obsessively reading political biographies are about to pay the fuck off because I've accidentally made a serious study of how to succeed in these kinds of situations. Power is where power goes, boys.
You're going to give yourself polio?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 6:18am
Silent Majority wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 3:40am
You're going to give yourself polio?
To the toppermost of the poliomost!

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

As an experiment, I haven't been using any salt on my food for the past two weeks. Well, last night I had a craving for fried chicken, so I asked the man to stop at Popeyes. Whoa, Nelly, was that shit salty. It's amazing to me how fast my taste buds adapted to no salt. And it's amazing to me that fast food is so freaking salty. I mean, I already know it is, but this experiment really highlighted just how salty it is.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 7:50am
As an experiment, I haven't been using any salt on my food for the past two weeks. Well, last night I had a craving for fried chicken, so I asked the man to stop at Popeyes. Whoa, Nelly, was that shit salty. It's amazing to me how fast my taste buds adapted to no salt. And it's amazing to me that fast food is so freaking salty. I mean, I already know it is, but this experiment really highlighted just how salty it is.
We are incredibly adaptive, eh?I generally don't drink pop (or soda or soda pop or soft drinks or whatever Limeys call it, probably whizzy fizzeroo) but when I do it's gonna be with artificial sweetener. The even rarer time when I have a regular cola or root beer, holy fuck, I can feel my pancreas go into overdrive trying to produce enough insulin.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Mimi wrote:
Gave up salt some 2 years back, or to be more accurate cut down maybe 70-80%. I knew for years i used way too much and, as you say, i was surprised how easy it was to adapt to a salt-reduced diet. The one i can’t do without is chips/fries so I’ve tried to cut down on those too. Pasta can be a little watery without it too, I find, so tend to make exception for that.

Can’t say I’ve actually felt any obvious health benefits, mind, but still happier to be less dependent on it.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

The body is an amazing machine.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

In a fairly serious chat, Ni said she felt like someone else was gaslighting her. I'd like some Not a Dick points for not reacting as I wanted to. "Gaslighting you? What an *insane* thing to say."

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 4:30pm
In a fairly serious chat, Ni said she felt like someone else was gaslighting her. I'd like some Not a Dick points for not reacting as I wanted to. "Gaslighting you? What an *insane* thing to say."
James.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

JennyB wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 4:46pm
Silent Majority wrote:
James.
She would have known I was joking, but it's still a dick move.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Or immediately break eye contact, wipe your brow, and quickly excuse yourself to make a phone call, during which she can hear you say, "The mime is eating a banana split and the symphony is in C-sharp. Plane boat wagon!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
Yeah it's way overused when you eat oat in most places or get any packaged food. I use it pretty sparingly when I cook. As kids my brother would make it look like it snowed on his burgers, it was disgusting