Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 9:33pm
revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 9:19pm
I still think something illicit is going on when i smell someone smoking weed in public
Ha! Me too.
I haven't smoked in over 25 years and Im ok with that would like to go for some edibles though. The best high I ever for was from some cookies a friend made.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 9:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I still think something illicit is going on when i smell someone smoking weed in public
Ha! Me too.
I haven't smoked in over 25 years and Im ok with that would like to go for some edibles though. The best high I ever for was from some cookies a friend made.
I'm not a smoker and pot more generally has never done much for me. Haven't bothered exploring any of the legit options we have now (even tho there's no shortage of licensed dispensaries around town).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 6:31am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ha! Me too.
I'm not a smoker and pot more generally has never done much for me. Haven't bothered exploring any of the legit options we have now (even tho there's no shortage of licensed dispensaries around town).
As a young man, I was what you might call a "pothead," I would regularly take in the contents of a whole gravity bong before going to work. But as I got older it started giving me too much anxiety so I quit for many years. Now, thanks to dispensaries, I found a high-CBD indica that sits well with me and I have a couple puffs on that on weeknights. It's much better now that I'm not just buying whatever Adam has in at his house.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ha! Me too.
As a young man, I was what you might call a "pothead," I would regularly take in the contents of a whole gravity bong before going to work. But as I got older it started giving me too much anxiety so I quit for many years. Now, thanks to dispensaries, I found a high-CBD indica that sits well with me and I have a couple puffs on that on weeknights. It's much better now that I'm not just buying whatever Adam has in at his house.
A good friend was a heavy user and it slowly eliminated all ambition in his life. He realized that he couldn't moderate his use so he finally cut it out altogether. I haven't seen him in years—he's back in Saskatoon—so I have no idea whether he's reacquainted himself since legalization, but with a wife and two young kids, I suspect he (and the wife) would be wary of him giving it a shot again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Me and the wife get high as shit on edibles about once a week. It rocks. Music plays and we have a laugh
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

A confession: I've never smoked weed. Or ate it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 1:06pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ha! Me too.
A good friend was a heavy user and it slowly eliminated all ambition in his life. He realized that he couldn't moderate his use so he finally cut it out altogether. I haven't seen him in years—he's back in Saskatoon—so I have no idea whether he's reacquainted himself since legalization, but with a wife and two young kids, I suspect he (and the wife) would be wary of him giving it a shot again.
The gap between how different people experience these things is so wide. I had anxiety, but I was plenty productive. I just couldn't go in public.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 3:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

The gap between how different people experience these things is so wide. I had anxiety, but I was plenty productive. I just couldn't go in public.
That's the thing—all these substances affect people differently, so recommending yea or nay is a bit futile. As I said, pot never had that much of an effect on me—it was always rather mild and not worth the smoke—so I never really pursued it. May the higher quality legit stuff would be more satisfying, but I'm just not curious enough.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 4:51pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That's the thing—all these substances affect people differently, so recommending yea or nay is a bit futile. As I said, pot never had that much of an effect on me—it was always rather mild and not worth the smoke—so I never really pursued it. May the higher quality legit stuff would be more satisfying, but I'm just not curious enough.
I still recommend yea if only because the research I've read suggests that outlawing this stuff often winds up being more dangerous overall than allowing it to be available. More selfishly, I want to take all the drugs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 5:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I still recommend yea if only because the research I've read suggests that outlawing this stuff often winds up being more dangerous overall than allowing it to be available. More selfishly, I want to take all the drugs.
Sorry, I was unclear. I meant recommending one drug or another to a person—oh, man, you need to try _____—not legality questions.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 5:33pm
Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 5:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant recommending one drug or another to a person—oh, man, you need to try _____—not legality questions.
Oh shit, yeah. I never do that. Those are very annoying people. This boils down even to various strains of weed. "You just haven't found the right strain yet." Fuck you, you have no idea how much I've tried. They also aren't really that different—it has much more to do with your mindset in general, and your mindset before you use it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 5:36pm
Oh shit, yeah. I never do that. Those are very annoying people. This boils down even to various strains of weed. "You just haven't found the right strain yet." Fuck you, you have no idea how much I've tried. They also aren't really that different—it has much more to do with your mindset in general, and your mindset before you use it.
My one regret—sort of—is never trying acid. That possibility of weird revelation and creativity is very appealing. But my own brain issues now make me super wary, but especially being dubious of whether dangerous crap is mixed in with the LSD. And because of that wariness all around, I'm not sure I'd ever be in the right frame of mind. So, short of a terminal diagnosis and deciding to throw all caution to the wind, that's a road I won't go down.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 5:54pm
Kory wrote:
My one regret—sort of—is never trying acid. That possibility of weird revelation and creativity is very appealing. But my own brain issues now make me super wary, but especially being dubious of whether dangerous crap is mixed in with the LSD. And because of that wariness all around, I'm not sure I'd ever be in the right frame of mind. So, short of a terminal diagnosis and deciding to throw all caution to the wind, that's a road I won't go down.
I'll probably try mushrooms soonish, but I share your caution regarding what might be mixed in with something more chemical like acid. I had a trip on molly a couple years ago that we all determined was probably a little closer to straight meth, so it doesn't make me feel too safe, especially with something that's already supposed to alter my perceptions.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 6:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'll probably try mushrooms soonish, but I share your caution regarding what might be mixed in with something more chemical like acid. I had a trip on molly a couple years ago that we all determined was probably a little closer to straight meth, so it doesn't make me feel too safe, especially with something that's already supposed to alter my perceptions.
Yeesh. I remember the Boss telling me she did shrooms a lot in her younger days and loved it. Kinda curious why she has no interest now.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 7:06pm
Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 6:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yeesh. I remember the Boss telling me she did shrooms a lot in her younger days and loved it. Kinda curious why she has no interest now.
I think that a lot of people grow out of it for lack of a better term. Every so often I feel like I could go for something but it passes just as quickly.