Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Guest1

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Guest1 »

I’m never shaving with a standard razor again. Having pale and dry skin makes my skin look like it’s been massacred. Only electric clipper from here on out.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:32pm
I’m never shaving with a standard razor again. Having pale and dry skin makes my skin look like it’s been massacred. Only electric clipper from here on out.
I've gone back and forth, but am back on the blade. Body Shop shaving gel and aftershave gel has helped mediate skin irritation a great. Body Shop: Ride the walrus.™
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Electric just doesn't get anywhere near as close as real razor.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:46pm
It also seems to take longer than a blade. I imagine it's not actually true, but one of my aversions to shaving is that it seems to take for fucking ever, worse with an electric.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:49pm
matedog wrote:
It also seems to take longer than a blade. I imagine it's not actually true, but one of my aversions to shaving is that it seems to take for fucking ever, worse with an electric.
I get these gross ass looking razor bumps though. I also don’t take hot showers anymore. My skin is that fucking pale that any sort of heat or abrasion just makes it look super fucked up.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
Exactly. Had a Braun with a cleaning base, but in the end, blades just do a better job.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
One big advantage of electric is shaving while driving which probably isn't that safe, but whatever.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:55pm
One big advantage of electric is shaving while driving which probably isn't that safe, but whatever.
hard to shave even with an electric when driving when you got your cig in one hand and a bowl of soup in the other, but i hear ya
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
Try carving out 4 REAL on your arm with an electric clipper. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:58pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Try carving out 4 REAL on your arm with an electric clipper. ;)
Lol. I remember doing that on my forearm in high school in red sharpie but no one got the joke because I live in America....

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
I get these gross ass looking razor bumps though. I also don’t take hot showers anymore. My skin is that fucking pale that any sort of heat or abrasion just makes it look super fucked up.
It might a case of conditioning your skin before and after. I dunno. I have a couple isolated dry patches that shaving with a blade aggravates (which leads me back to an electric). But since going with the Body Shop stuff, which is loaded in aloe and natural balms and shit, I haven't had the problem, plus my face is smooth as Hoy's ass.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:57pm
matedog wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 1:55pm
hard to shave even with an electric when driving when you got your cig in one hand and a bowl of soup in the other, but i hear ya
Thank god for voice-controlled phones, amirite?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 2:15pm
Thank god for voice-controlled phones, amirite?
i'd be in a lot of trouble if i couldn't dictate my IMCT posts through voice command while cruising down the interstate oh fuck look out
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
Take it from the voice of experience, don't use Nair hair remover on your face! When I was much younger, GF at time used it, I hated shaving with a passion (still do) and being the deep thinker I am, I applied that stuff to my face. Talk about a painful and red rash, took about a week for my skin to get back to where I could shave again.
Last edited by Sparky on 26 Apr 2021, 2:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 2:19pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Take it from the voice of experience, don't use Nair hair remover on your face! When I was much younger, GF at time used it, I hated shaving with a passion (still do) do being the deep thinker I am, I applied that stuff to my face. Talk about a painful and red rash, took about a week for my skin to get back to where I could shave again.
My fantasy product would be some kind of stubble eradication cream. Slather that shit on, wipe it off, and it's Hoy's ass for a week.