Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by daredevil »

These ads in comic books intrigued me when I was a kid.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

daredevil wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 10:40pm
These ads in comic books intrigued me when I was a kid.
There's no way that was big enough for two kids.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm a big fan of Johnny Punk.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 3:31pm
HA! While doing my grand read-through of ROM SPACEKNIGHT, I got to see tons and tons of silly ads like these. Fun stuff. I always thought it was weird how people were extolling the virtues of the pies' "tender" crust.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 4:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
HA! While doing my grand read-through of ROM SPACEKNIGHT, I got to see tons and tons of silly ads like these. Fun stuff. I always thought it was weird how people were extolling the virtues of the pies' "tender" crust.
As a kid, I always wanted to try one of those. Still haven't, but no longer want to.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 4:51pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
As a kid, I always wanted to try one of those. Still haven't, but no longer want to.
I was addicted to them as a kid (luckily, they didn't give me Bobby Hill's body type). I still have a nostalgic desire for them once in a while, but they are quite synthetic.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I loved the cherry ones as a kid. Hadn't eaten one in years, so I bought one, and omg was it disgusting. It left a film in my mouth.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 5:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I loved the cherry ones as a kid. Hadn't eaten one in years, so I bought one, and omg was it disgusting. It left a film in my mouth.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure they've changed the "formula" since Hostess went under and was purchased by another company.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 5:57pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
To be fair, I'm pretty sure they've changed the "formula" since Hostess went under and was purchased by another company.
Not even Johnny Drumandbass wants those things!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 5:57pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Doesn't surprise me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Same. I want to say I was still eating them in my 20s, getting them from the vending machine where I worked. I worked a lot of night shifts and when you're awake and hungry at 3am you dont have a lot of options in these parts.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 9:33pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Same. I want to say I was still eating them in my 20s, getting them from the vending machine where I worked. I worked a lot of night shifts and when you're awake and hungry at 3am you dont have a lot of options in these parts.
I worked off and on at a convenience store throughout my late teens/early 20s, usually night shifts, and I basically lived off of the absolute worst junk.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 9:37pm
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I worked off and on at a convenience store throughout my late teens/early 20s, usually night shifts, and I basically lived off of the absolute worst junk.
Jonny Punk!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Yeah, not at convenience store but similar shitty diet.

In my early teens I had a paper route and at the very end was a store. And every day at that store my friend and I would buy soda, chips, and various hostess and drakes snacks.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2020, 9:38pm
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Jonny Punk!
Jonny Junk.