Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 7:38pm
revbob wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 6:55pm
We had one it was Bruins vs Rangers
My various sets covered all the Original Six teams, plus the Kings and Blues. The boards of one set also had all the team logos, including the Cleveland Barons.
Im trying to recall if the players names were on them too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 7:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
My various sets covered all the Original Six teams, plus the Kings and Blues. The boards of one set also had all the team logos, including the Cleveland Barons.
None of mine did. They were all the same Mark Trail-looking guy. Some sets had the proper NHL uniform with a logo, while others were just recognizable colours. One set I had was Bruins and Rangers, and one team was just yellow and black, the other red and blue.

My favourite maneuver was getting the puck to a defenceman in a place where nobody else could take it. You'd pull back the rod and then just slam it forward, hitting the puck from the base of the player (instead of the stick) and turning it into a bullet. Plenty of goals scored off deflections that way.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 8:07pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
None of mine did. They were all the same Mark Trail-looking guy. Some sets had the proper NHL uniform with a logo, while others were just recognizable colours. One set I had was Bruins and Rangers, and one team was just yellow and black, the other red and blue.

My favourite maneuver was getting the puck to a defenceman in a place where nobody else could take it. You'd pull back the rod and then just slam it forward, hitting the puck from the base of the player (instead of the stick) and turning it into a bullet. Plenty of goals scored off deflections that way.
Ok ours probably didn't either then

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 8:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Was yours like this?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 9:04pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Was yours like this?
Cant see it. I tried going direct and it was blocked

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 11:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Was yours like this?
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag ... d7e381.jpg
The fiends!
munro-1970s-version-bobby-orr-version_1_fc489edddad81ce77fd334ff60d7e381.jpg
munro-1970s-version-bobby-orr-version_1_fc489edddad81ce77fd334ff60d7e381.jpg (35.7 KiB) Viewed 3054 times
(In retrospect, I kinda like how everyone's permanently elbows high, ready to fuck up another guy's mouth.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 7:45am
revbob wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 11:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Was yours like this?
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag ... d7e381.jpg
The fiends!
munro-1970s-version-bobby-orr-version_1_fc489edddad81ce77fd334ff60d7e381.jpg

(In retrospect, I kinda like how everyone's permanently elbows high, ready to fuck up another guy's mouth.)
Yeah that looks right. It was probably my brother knowing some of the players assigning names to them verbally.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 5:32pm
LOL right, I fucking hate that shit. Are they buying it outright, are they gonna cover all the payments?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 5:50pm
tepista wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 5:32pm
LOL right, I fucking hate that shit. Are they buying it outright, are they gonna cover all the payments?
Giant bows are $41 on Amazon

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20201129_133427.jpg
Any geologists out there?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 7:17pm
revbob wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 6:36pm
Back in the 80s, Miriam Linna, who was in the original line-up of the Cramps, put out a zine on 50s juvenile delinquency called Bad Seed. She's now selling t-shirts of each cover. I ordered #'s 1 and 3. :cool:
http://www.nortonrecords.com/bad-seed/?sort=alphaasc
This is really cool. I cant read #2 though.

When I was working on my diss, I paid a hefty amount for a complete set of the zines. Glad to see that she's reissuing them. If she does it in book form, I'll buy a copy.
The music on the site looks interesting too.
Lots of good trashy 50s rock n roll and books. I've bought a few of the latter over the years.
I like the JD, VD, OD.
Shirts arrived today. Each one also came with a pair of black and red dice and a tiny switchblade (cute).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 4:54pm
revbob wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 7:17pm
revbob wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 6:36pm
Back in the 80s, Miriam Linna, who was in the original line-up of the Cramps, put out a zine on 50s juvenile delinquency called Bad Seed. She's now selling t-shirts of each cover. I ordered #'s 1 and 3. :cool:
http://www.nortonrecords.com/bad-seed/?sort=alphaasc
This is really cool. I cant read #2 though.

When I was working on my diss, I paid a hefty amount for a complete set of the zines. Glad to see that she's reissuing them. If she does it in book form, I'll buy a copy.
The music on the site looks interesting too.
Lots of good trashy 50s rock n roll and books. I've bought a few of the latter over the years.
I like the JD, VD, OD.
Shirts arrived today. Each one also came with a pair of black and red dice and a tiny switchblade (cute).
Kewel.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 4:02pm
20201129_133427.jpg

It's a good crack.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 6:29pm
revbob wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 4:02pm
20201129_133427.jpg

It's a good crack.
Its a spot along the lake shore where you can clearly see two different layers of rock one on top of the other. Picture doesn't do it justice its really cool to see in person.