Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 8:09pm
Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 7:22pm
Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 7:15pm
If you should decide to cut your own hair with an electric trimmer, pay close attention that the correct size guide is firmly attached before you make that first critical buzz from your forehead towards the top of your head. :disshame:
Pics or it didn't happen!
Damn, I knew someone would say that. So I made the pass on the left side front, decided to put on a #1 attachment and just buzz the rest of my head with the hopes that it won't be too noticeable. Kinda sorta worked, but not really.
Nuttin’ wrong with dem results. I use the 1/4” guide every couple weeks, keeps the ladies away.
I've gone with a #3 clipper as long as I can remember, very low maintenance haircut & aerodynamic to boot! :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
If you should decide to cut your own hair with an electric trimmer, pay close attention that the correct size guide is firmly attached before you make that first critical buzz from your forehead towards the top of your head. :disshame:
Damn, I knew someone would say that. So I made the pass on the left side front, decided to put on a #1 attachment and just buzz the rest of my head with the hopes that it won't be too noticeable. Kinda sorta worked, but not really.
Nuttin’ wrong with dem results. I use the 1/4” guide every couple weeks, keeps the ladies away.
That and your grumpy disposition.

Sparky Ive done thst with my facial hair a few times, just meaning to trim out some of the wiry grays and had it on the wrong setting, nothing to do but cut it all off. I messed my hair up so badly once I sent to the barber to try and salvage it. Cutting the back is a pain in the ass.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 8:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Sparky Ive done thst with my facial hair a few times, just meaning to trim out some of the wiry grays and had it on the wrong setting, nothing to do but cut it all off. I messed my hair up so badly once I sent to the barber to try and salvage it. Cutting the back is a pain in the ass.
I almost went for the Howard Devoto look, but figured one side f'd up was enough.
Attachments
Devoto.jpg
Devoto.jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 511 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 8:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Some people just can't handle being told what's wrong with them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
Yeeeeppp.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Sparky wrote:
I don't have that problem because my forehead goes all the way to my backhead.
Besides, my Flowbee is still functioning :approve:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

We call that hairstyle "the Curly" :cool:
Attachments
Curly.jpg
Curly.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Last edited by weller259 on 07 Jan 2023, 11:04pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

weller259 wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 10:52pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
We call that hairstyle "The Curly". :cool:
Yep, that's about how I feel right now.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Sparky wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 10:54pm
weller259 wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Its ok man, don't worry, at least yours will grow back. The only hair on my head that grows consistently is the hair coming out of my ears. And no Doc, no pictures, lol.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Poltergeist unmasked!

The humming water heater started up again yesterday afternoon, so I went downstairs to record the sound. However, the furnace was running and the sound of that interfered with picking up the hum. I turned off the furnace … and the water heater hum stopped. Turned on the furnace, hum returned (until it stopped a little later on its own). Okay, so it's a furnace issue, tho not wholly, as turning on and off a faucet also affected whether the humming happened.

Started up again this morning at 5 am. I ignored it until about 7 am then went downstairs and realized the hum was even louder in the humidifier attached to the furnace. Lowering the humidity control, or turning it off altogether, eliminated the hum. So it's a humidifier problem (but, definitely, you can hear the hum thru the water heater, too—not entirely certain why).

A phone call to our furnace service people tomorrow! And cancel the exorcist.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 8:42am
Poltergeist unmasked!

The humming water heater started up again yesterday afternoon, so I went downstairs to record the sound. However, the furnace was running and the sound of that interfered with picking up the hum. I turned off the furnace … and the water heater hum stopped. Turned on the furnace, hum returned (until it stopped a little later on its own). Okay, so it's a furnace issue, tho not wholly, as turning on and off a faucet also affected whether the humming happened.

Started up again this morning at 5 am. I ignored it until about 7 am then went downstairs and realized the hum was even louder in the humidifier attached to the furnace. Lowering the humidity control, or turning it off altogether, eliminated the hum. So it's a humidifier problem (but, definitely, you can hear the hum thru the water heater, too—not entirely certain why).

Nice work Doc, hope it's an simple, inexpensive fix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 8:42am
Poltergeist unmasked!

Nice work Doc, hope it's an simple, inexpensive fix.
The humidifier was replaced last February, so I would hope that it'd all be under warranty.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

weller259 wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 11:03pm
Sparky wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Its ok man, don't worry, at least yours will grow back. The only hair on my head that grows consistently is the hair coming out of my ears. And no Doc, no pictures, lol.
As they say, making the best of a bad situation.....My wife called my father-in-law who is undergoing chemo, told him what I'd done, he couldn't stop laughing, so I may just keep my head shaved to show support for him until his grows back.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Sparky wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 4:45pm
weller259 wrote:
Sparky wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

As they say, making the best of a bad situation.....My wife called my father-in-law who is undergoing chemo, told him what I'd done, he couldn't stop laughing, so I may just keep my head shaved to show support for him until his grows back.
That is a fabulous idea. Awesome.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
08 Jan 2023, 4:45pm
weller259 wrote:
Sparky wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Good work.