Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:58pm
gkbill wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:53pm
tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:43pm
Flex wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:36pm

Aww man, that sucks. Also, incredibly weird to require high school transcripts (ETA: or proof of graduation, I suppose) once you have a work history like you do.
Ditto about it sucking and the weirdness of proof of graduation. I can think of only one job where I had to provide university transcripts (curiously, I don't think I ever had to for teaching).
It's not like I was fucking claiming Harvard, jeez.
Hello,

I have never had to provide High School transcripts for any of the jobs I've applied for at any time. I don't even know if my High school can provide a copy of the stone tablet they're carved on.
I had to contact my high school to get an ID Number. I emailed them a request, 5 days later they sent me a form to sign. Then one day later I got the fucking number. Then I filled an online request at the LAUSD website (ID number required of course). That was the Friday before the long weekend. Then Wednesday I got an email saying it was going out by mail the next day. I had asked for electronic but I guess that's not an option. Friday morning I got a call the they were moving on without me.
God that sucks. Might as well shoot them the transcript once you have it anyways to see if they'll reconsider. Seems super weird though, especially that they wouldn't give you the time to go through that administrative process that THEY'RE requiring, might be a sign the company wouldn't be that great to work for anyhow.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:05pm
tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:58pm
gkbill wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:53pm
tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:43pm

Ditto about it sucking and the weirdness of proof of graduation. I can think of only one job where I had to provide university transcripts (curiously, I don't think I ever had to for teaching).
It's not like I was fucking claiming Harvard, jeez.
Hello,

I have never had to provide High School transcripts for any of the jobs I've applied for at any time. I don't even know if my High school can provide a copy of the stone tablet they're carved on.
I had to contact my high school to get an ID Number. I emailed them a request, 5 days later they sent me a form to sign. Then one day later I got the fucking number. Then I filled an online request at the LAUSD website (ID number required of course). That was the Friday before the long weekend. Then Wednesday I got an email saying it was going out by mail the next day. I had asked for electronic but I guess that's not an option. Friday morning I got a call the they were moving on without me.
God that sucks. Might as well shoot them the transcript once you have it anyways to see if they'll reconsider. Seems super weird though, especially that they wouldn't give you the time to go through that administrative process that THEY'RE requiring, might be a sign the company wouldn't be that great to work for anyhow.
They had key-passes for entry into every door. Unless every movie I've ever seen is a lie, that means they are completely, wholeheartedly, irrevocably evil.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm not sure I have any proof of graduating high school. All my college degrees are in a box in the basement, but I don't think I have one for high school.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We had a desperate racoon this morning, around 6.30. Unlike the usual lazy investigations, this guy seemed a little panicked, so much so that he managed to pull himself up over a railing and got under the deck. I've given him an easy path out tonight and will fill it again once he goes (I'll be monitoring things). But we've decided to go to the next level of anti-racoonery: I've ordered a metal baby gate to install at the bottom of the stairs, trying to keep them from even making it up the stairs. With winter coming up, we don't need no hibernatin'.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:48pm
We had a desperate racoon this morning, around 6.30. Unlike the usual lazy investigations, this guy seemed a little panicked, so much so that he managed to pull himself up over a railing and got under the deck. I've given him an easy path out tonight and will fill it again once he goes (I'll be monitoring things). But we've decided to go to the next level of anti-racoonery: I've ordered a metal baby gate to install at the bottom of the stairs, trying to keep them from even making it up the stairs. With winter coming up, we don't need no hibernatin'.
Seems like you're about at the point where you need to just accept the raccoons as part of your household and invite them inside to live among you and the missus.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 4:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:48pm
Seems like you're about at the point where you need to just accept the raccoons as part of your household and invite them inside to live among you and the missus.
I feel like I'm the only thing standing in the way of the Boss putting out poison (I'm only semi-joking here).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 3:36pm
I'm not sure I have any proof of graduating high school. All my college degrees are in a box in the basement, but I don't think I have one for high school.
Brag much?

"I have so many I have to keep them in a box."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 4:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Brag much?

:lol: None of them are hanging up is my preferred interpretation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 4:57pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Brag much?

Right, not enough wall space I get it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 5:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 4:57pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Brag much?

Right, not enough wall space I get it.
Well, I need someplace to display my 30—yes, 30—Arby's Employee of the Month certificates.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Brag much?

A - Auburn, B - Brown, C - Cambridge, D - Dartmouth, E - East Carolina, etc...

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:25pm
JennyB wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 3:16pm
tepista wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 11:02am
I got a job, my 9 month dream-cation is over in about a week and a half. No more 15 movies a week, no more west coast baseball, and for the wife, no more butler/chef.
That fucking sucks. But also, congrats Tep!
My job offer was revoked because I could not provide proof of High School graduation. LAUSD says it's like a 4 - 5 week process (still waiting, expecting today) but the job wouldn't wait. The thing is, this was something I kinda lucked in to that seemed out of league and cush atthe same time. But just as easily lucked out. I;m fucking gutted. :disshame:
Sorry to hear that Tep, I'm sure something good will come your way soon, stay positive.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Sparky wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 5:46pm
tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:
tepista wrote:
I got a job, my 9 month dream-cation is over in about a week and a half. No more 15 movies a week, no more west coast baseball, and for the wife, no more butler/chef.
My job offer was revoked because I could not provide proof of High School graduation. LAUSD says it's like a 4 - 5 week process (still waiting, expecting today) but the job wouldn't wait. The thing is, this was something I kinda lucked in to that seemed out of league and cush atthe same time. But just as easily lucked out. I;m fucking gutted. :disshame:
Sorry to hear that Tep, I'm sure something good will come your way soon, stay positive.
Just got my diploma in the mail. :disshame:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 6:03pm
Sparky wrote:
tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:
tepista wrote:
You need to take a "proudest day of my life" photo, holding it up.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 6:03pm
Sparky wrote:
tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:
tepista wrote:
What a kick in the pants. I'm sorry man.