Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Wait people buy food from 7-11 ?

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
23 May 2023, 2:03pm
Wait people buy food from 7-11 ?
Sheetz or nothin'!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

An observation from my recent road travels: people in every state have a stretch of highway they swear was "the most expensive to build in the country"
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
23 May 2023, 9:46pm
An observation from my recent road travels: people in every state have a stretch of highway they swear was "the most expensive to build in the country"
In Saskatchewan, every damned gravel road is known as “the old highway.”
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2023, 9:55pm
Flex wrote:
The biggest landmark west of Atlanta seems to be 'the big chicken' - it's almost impossible to get directions off anyone without them referencing it. I half expect Google Maps to mention it. And don't get me started on how every street inside I-285 is called Peachtree.

FWIW, the big chicken is a KFC with a big frightening looking blocky chicken head with a beak that opens and shuts built into the structure.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
24 May 2023, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
The biggest landmark west of Atlanta seems to be 'the big chicken' - it's almost impossible to get directions off anyone without them referencing it. I half expect Google Maps to mention it. And don't get me started on how every street inside I-285 is called Peachtree.

FWIW, the big chicken is a KFC with a big frightening looking blocky chicken head with a beak that opens and shuts built into the structure.
Atlanta's use of Peachtree is like an admission of defeat. Yeah, we've got no ideas—Peachtree it all.

On roadtrips, I used to make a point of taking pictures of anything that claimed to be "the world's biggest" whatever that was on the side of the road. Like Spartanburg, SC's peach tower. The sillier the better. That stuff sincerely amused me.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

An adjacent county 'boasts' the worlds biggest mailbox but it's not a working mailbox so I dispute that claim. It's a model of a mailbox.

I always wanted to see the worlds biggest peanut (somewhere in GA) but it got damaged in a hurricane a while back. Don't know where the 2nd biggest peanut was located but I'm sure they were celebrating that night.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

We have some arch thing.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
24 May 2023, 10:04am
An adjacent county 'boasts' the worlds biggest mailbox but it's not a working mailbox so I dispute that claim. It's a model of a mailbox.

I always wanted to see the worlds biggest peanut (somewhere in GA) but it got damaged in a hurricane a while back. Don't know where the 2nd biggest peanut was located but I'm sure they were celebrating that night.
:lol: The Almighty has judged thee as a knave peanut, nought but a false legume!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
24 May 2023, 10:20am
We have some arch thing.
Anybody who seeks to travel west must go thru it or be consigned to the Twilight Zone.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2023, 10:22am
JennyB wrote:
We have some arch thing.
Anybody who seeks to travel west must go thru it or be consigned to the Twilight Zone.
It's true. Aero Saarinen actually conferred with Serling to make this happen.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
24 May 2023, 10:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2023, 10:22am
JennyB wrote:
We have some arch thing.
It's true. Aero Saarinen actually conferred with Serling to make this happen.
And you say St. Louis is boring!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2023, 8:55am
oliver wrote:
24 May 2023, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:

Atlanta's use of Peachtree is like an admission of defeat. Yeah, we've got no ideas—Peachtree it all.

On roadtrips, I used to make a point of taking pictures of anything that claimed to be "the world's biggest" whatever that was on the side of the road. Like Spartanburg, SC's peach tower. The sillier the better. That stuff sincerely amused me.
Hello,

The peachoid is in Gaffney, SC - not Spartanburg - as Gaffney-ites/Gaffnians are quick to point out.