Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
07 May 2019, 8:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:07pm
Inder wrote:
07 May 2019, 5:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 May 2019, 3:38pm
Scooby and Boo
👏👏👏
Yeah nice 101.
Thanks. Scooby named by kids when they were babies but Boo came later.
Beautiful mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 9:46pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 May 2019, 9:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 9:06pm
I love dogs that acquire a grey muzzle. It connotes dignity.
I’d suggest all black Labs do at some stage.
You feel like you should consult them on financial or legal advice. This guy's gotta have experience!
I only consult them on stalking hedgehogs.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Cute pups, 101.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Mimi wrote:
08 May 2019, 7:17am
Cute pups, 101.
Thanks Mimi although they don’t always look so majestic
Attachments
040EBA26-D061-4349-BFB6-E592797554A6.jpeg

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Still gorgeous though!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
07 May 2019, 8:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 May 2019, 6:07pm
Inder wrote:
07 May 2019, 5:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 May 2019, 3:38pm
Scooby and Boo
👏👏👏
Yeah nice 101.
Thanks. Scooby named by kids when they were babies but Boo came later.
My daughter's dog is called Boo.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss and I have survived the most grueling ordeal of any marriage: assembling an Ikea wardrobe. And it ain't right. The one door is noticeably higher than the other, but we can't figure out what happened. All the pieces are flush, everything is level (I checked with an actual level), and we've played with the hinge fine-tuning, but it's still way off. We've assembled one of these things before and it went fine, but this is behaving like there's a skew somewhere, even tho the level says it's fine. Baffling.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2019, 8:40pm
The Boss and I have survived the most grueling ordeal of any marriage: assembling an Ikea wardrobe. And it ain't right. The one door is noticeably higher than the other, but we can't figure out what happened. All the pieces are flush, everything is level (I checked with an actual level), and we've played with the hinge fine-tuning, but it's still way off. We've assembled one of these things before and it went fine, but this is behaving like there's a skew somewhere, even tho the level says it's fine. Baffling.
Maybe the earth ain’t flat?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
09 May 2019, 8:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Maybe the earth ain’t flat?
Heresy!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Are the hinges set in exactly the same place as each other? I'm not referring to the adjustment but the actual housing of the hinge itself.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2019, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Are the hinges set in exactly the same place as each other? I'm not referring to the adjustment but the actual housing of the hinge itself.
Yup. Everything's been triple checked. It really is baffling. Somehow the frame of the cabinet is askew, even tho everything is screwed in flush and it's all level. I've fucked up and had to go back and redo things like this on other assembled furniture, but this time I don't see where I deviated from the instructions.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2019, 9:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yup. Everything's been triple checked. It really is baffling. Somehow the frame of the cabinet is askew, even tho everything is screwed in flush and it's all level. I've fucked up and had to go back and redo things like this on other assembled furniture, but this time I don't see where I deviated from the instructions.
Are the doors the same size

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This strongly suggests a manufacturing fault. It might be worth doing a Google check on this model to see if others have had similar problems.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2019, 9:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This strongly suggests a manufacturing fault. It might be worth doing a Google check on this model to see if others have had similar problems.
That's what I'm thinking, tho even there everything—sides, top & bottom, doors—measures the same.