Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 11:38am
I don't feel like working today. :angry:
I walked 25 mins in -40ºC weather today and I just know that half my class are going to wimp out and not show. That’s the literal insult to injury (well, I didn’t freeze anything, so I wasn’t that injured).
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 10:01am
I got a call at work, yesterday, from Hilton Honors. They were trying to sell me on a vacation package to Orlando. The guy was nice enough, so I didn't want to be a dick, but he also would not take no for an answer. I finally shut him down and the whole thing pissed me off. When did it become okay for a company to call you during the work day to try and push you into buying something?
Always wanted to get a cold call like that just so i could try out the Seinfeld gag of telling them i was busy but give me your home number and I'll call you back later tonight.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 12:06pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I got a call at work, yesterday, from Hilton Honors. They were trying to sell me on a vacation package to Orlando. The guy was nice enough, so I didn't want to be a dick, but he also would not take no for an answer. I finally shut him down and the whole thing pissed me off. When did it become okay for a company to call you during the work day to try and push you into buying something?
Always wanted to get a cold call like that just so i could try out the Seinfeld gag of telling them i was busy but give me your home number and I'll call you back later tonight.
One of my favourite stories about my mother, who was in her early 90s when this happened, dealt with a regular telemarketer by saying that “Mrs. Medulla is dead. She couldn’t handle all the telemarketers calling her all the time and it killed her.” The person got freaked out and denied any culpability, but my mother insisted, “No, that’s not true. She asked you people to leave her alone and you wouldn’t and now she’s dead. I hope you’re happy.” I was open-mouthed when she told me this. Old woman still carried some vinegar in her.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 12:15pm
Low Down Low wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
One of my favourite stories about my mother, who was in her early 90s when this happened, dealt with a regular telemarketer by saying that “Mrs. Medulla is dead. She couldn’t handle all the telemarketers calling her all the time and it killed her.” The person got freaked out and denied any culpability, but my mother insisted, “No, that’s not true. She asked you people to leave her alone and you wouldn’t and now she’s dead. I hope you’re happy.” I was open-mouthed when she told me this. Old woman still carried some vinegar in her.
Hardcore, hardcore! And almost cruel, but only slightly.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 12:15pm
Low Down Low wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Love it!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
Marky policy. "I don't feel like working permanently".

Take it easy Mimi.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 1:34pm
Mimi wrote:

Take it easy Mimi.
Well, if everyone took your attitude, we might be much happier, but what about the rich? Hmmm? No one ever thinks about what our desire for happiness and dignity means to them.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
You ever feel like working?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 1:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Take it easy Mimi.
Well, if everyone took your attitude, we might be much happier, but what about the rich? Hmmm? No one ever thinks about what our desire for happiness and dignity means to them.
I feel sorry for the rich. It must be tough never having enough. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 1:44pm
Mimi wrote:
You ever feel like working?
There are moments.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 1:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Take it easy Mimi.
The burden of millions in the bank, yet not enough time to enjoy it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 4:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Take it easy Mimi.
Haha that's probably true to a degree. 😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Some sage advice.
Attachments
20230203_213239.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Take it easy Mimi.
You guys jest but i read a snippet earlier about how India's wealthiest man lost $100bn over the past week and i can't stop thinking about that poor guy. While the rest of us whine about freezing to death because we can't afford to turn the heating on or starving because we haven't had a wage increase since the financial crash, this unfortunate wretch is on his uppers, probably down to his last $300bn give or take, half his private jet fleet grounded as the price of aviation fuel goes through the roof. It just really puts things in perspective, you know.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 6:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Take it easy Mimi.
You guys jest but i read a snippet earlier about how India's wealthiest man lost $100bn over the past week and i can't stop thinking about that poor guy. While the rest of us whine about freezing to death because we can't afford to turn the heating on or starving because we haven't had a wage increase since the financial crash, this unfortunate wretch is on his uppers, probably down to his last $300bn give or take, half his private jet fleet grounded as the price of aviation fuel goes through the roof. It just really puts things in perspective, you know.
Yes but it's obvious he's lost it down the back of the sofa. Sounds like he would make a great follow up owner for Chelsea football club. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia